Security Installer Community

Optima G3

Guest Doug

We've had an Optima G3 with 2 accenta keypads installed, linked to the phone line through a SD1+ and a smoke alarm is also connected.

It's been installed about a week now but suddenly one of the Accenta Keypads (the exit keypad) is sounding a couple of low beeps every 3 to 4 mins. I've checked the instruction manual and faults at the back of the manual but it doesn;t seem to cover any of these. I thought some chimes may be set, but when press Chime the Day light flashes and according the instructions it should go out, then I should press 0 and then reset, there doesn't seem to be any Chimes set

Anyone know why this is suddenly sounding when in the house. All the PIR's (5) seem to be functional.

It's like a chinese water torture, anyone an expert on this type of alarm, can't get hold of the engineer

Thank you

How sure are you that it is the alarm???

I have had dozens of customers over the years swearing blind that the alarm is beeping ... and then feeling sheepish when it turns out to be a smoke alarm or a childs toy or something...

Paul

Yes positive it's the alarm, there's no electronic cat flaps, kids toys. There is a smoke alarm, but it's brand new and linked to the alarm and is about 20 yeards away, the sound is coming from the alarm panel. I have the engineers code, will this cure it, if so what do I need to do?

cant get hold of the engineer?

why not?

Managed to get hold of the engineer and he ran through the chime issue, but that hasn't worked, he's foxed too.

Guest Peter James
We've had an Optima G3 with 2 accenta keypads installed, linked to the phone line through a SD1+ and a smoke alarm is also connected.

It's been installed about a week now but suddenly one of the Accenta Keypads (the exit keypad) is sounding a couple of low beeps every 3 to 4 mins. I've checked the instruction manual and faults at the back of the manual but it doesn;t seem to cover any of these. I thought some chimes may be set, but when press Chime the Day light flashes and according the instructions it should go out, then I should press 0 and then reset, there doesn't seem to be any Chimes set

Anyone know why this is suddenly sounding when in the house. All the PIR's (5) seem to be functional.

It's like a chinese water torture, anyone an expert on this type of alarm, can't get hold of the engineer

Thank you

Its either a phone with alow battery, or an old smoke detector or as earlier said one of your kids toy's.

And do yourself a favor get yourself a proper alarm company looking after your alarm, if you cant get hold of an engineer now you have a minor inconvenience imagine what it would be like if the bell was ringing and you cant silence it.

Yes positive it's the alarm, there's no electronic cat flaps, kids toys. There is a smoke alarm, but it's brand new and linked to the alarm and is about 20 yeards away, the sound is coming from the alarm panel. I have the engineers code, will this cure it, if so what do I need to do?

Managed to get hold of the engineer and he ran through the chime issue, but that hasn't worked, he's foxed too.

well if he installed it, can't he fix it...not being funny but foxed really is'nt an answer :cold2:

Guest Peter James

Well you could down power the system completely including the external alarm, and when the beep is still beeping you could look for the phone/item with the low battery, or you could wait a couple of days and the battery will be too flat to beep problem solved.

G3 will chime or beep when you press the button it doesnt beep every four minutes or so for no apparent reason.

well if he installed it, can't he fix it...not being funny but foxed really is'nt an answer :cold2:

He said he'll come round and have a look in a few days time, though I'd like to at least turn it off in the meantime. Is there by chance an internal battery in the control panel/keypad that maybe is not getting charged and so is beeping? It's not the phone, and it's not the smoke alarm. Thanks for your comments guy though.

Guest Peter James
He said he'll come round and have a look in a few days time, though I'd like to at least turn it off in the meantime. Is there by chance an internal battery in the control panel/keypad that maybe is not getting charged and so is beeping? It's not the phone, and it's not the smoke alarm. Thanks for your comments guy though.

What shape is the smoke detector? and where is it in comparison to the noise?

Archived