Security Installer Community

What Battery

ADEMCO

say if the pannel is not drawing much current would it last over 24 hours?

But how much is not much current?

Get your meter out, set to DC Amps, take one lead off your battery, touch one probe of your meter on the battery terminal that you just took the lead off and connect the other meter probe to the removed battery lead. Drop the mains supply and you should get a reading anywhere from 100mA plus depending on what you've got on the system...

Trade Member

i can't stand it no more guys, you keep saying what is the curent draw but not how to test for it!

but then why not just simply fit a 7amp battery and be done with it? it won't cost that much more than a 3ampand you will only get one of them inside the panel, so you will reach your maximum attainable standbye limit, so why the big debate?

we rarely get public power outs more than an hour, you may do some building works but to be honest the power will be off usually less than 8 hours.

i think i remmember a 1.2ah was an old battery size, and are now 2.1 amp in the same case size

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

say if the pannel is not drawing much current would it last over 24 hours?

to be truethful we can not answer that, as it depends on a 48 hour charging cycle of constant charging at the correct voltage in the prior period, and the retentive state of the battery has to be concidered. and then the movement causing detection to operate in the unset mode.

why do you want a 24 hour standby? if you do, you need to arrange an external battery box. i'd assume for a temporary occasion, there are alternatives like car batteries as suplimentals with a addition chargers and so on, but we need your reasons to best advise.

regs

alan

But how much is not much current?

Get your meter out, set to DC Amps, take one lead off your battery, touch one probe of your meter on the battery terminal that you just took the lead off and connect the other meter probe to the removed battery lead. Drop the mains supply and you should get a reading anywhere from 100mA plus depending on what you've got on the system...

Arfur this man was kind enough

The reason i wouldnt answer without a current reading was cos i cant.

Basically its like

put james and arfur in a room with a gun, how long would it be before james shot arfur?

lol but you get the idea

OP and steve need to give us a bit of info, if not we cant give them a calc. Even my app needs to know the current draw. So as long as it around 200 - 230 mA ish then it should last 24 hours. But any more and you will need a bigger battery and this might not fit inside your panel

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

James i do really love you my freind - please don't shoot me if we meet up :cold2:

The reason i wouldnt answer without a current reading was cos i cant.

so you could not write down a standard test proceedure for testing quesient current with a meter? instead of putting this poor O/P through the ringer instead?

Basically its like

put james and arfur in a room with a gun, how long would it be before james shot arfur?

for a scientific answer we would need your battery estimator software modified to accept the variables from the folowing equipment, and so make a forcast which to a degree of the accuracy would be at best estimate -:

a reaction timer x 2 (one each for you and me),

a GATZO - because point a gun at me and just see how fast i can run :whistle:

lol but you get the idea

OP and steve need to give us a bit of info, if not we cant give them a calc. Even my app needs to know the current draw. So as long as it around 200 - 230 mA ish then it should last 24 hours. But any more and you will need a bigger battery and this might not fit inside your panel

BAG! BANG! james forgive me BANG BANG BANG...........................oH sHI....................T! BANG! "missed me you Bas.........d

we will need to add in an extra accuracy/aiming factor me thinks?

:joker:

regs

alan

if you ask Cooper Security nice they will give you their battery requirement calc which has included ma reading for sounders pirs ect. Type in how many of each and it tells you what battery size you need. Unfortunately it only works on their panels.

cheers

Archived