Security Installer Community

What Battery

ADEMCO

Hi, I have a Texecom Veritas 8 alarm fitted to our house and the control panel battery is due for replacement. The system has two bell boxes, one remote keypad, three PIR's, one sound bomb and one master blaster fitted. What amp battery should I get as I would like at least 12 hours standby time. It has a 1.7amp one fitted at the monment.

what sthe current draw in day mode?

I have no idea what the current draw is but we get 3 hours at most in a powercut before the 1.7amp battery runs out and the battery was new two years ago. Saying that, we only had one bell box fitted then of which we now have two A?? boxes fitted-one bell and one siren type.

its impossible to give an accurate decision without knowing the current draw, its like asking i ahve a 4 litre engine i carry 3 people and a suitcase how long will the tank last?

True ,but i was taught(a long time ago) if you can get a big battery(7.0Ah) why stick a little one in(1.2Ah)...you should be looking at,at least 8 hours standby

i would expect your day mode current to be around 280-320 mA but you state your 1.2 was lasting 3 hours? (yousay 1.7 but unless thats a chinese battery and its lying there isnt one that size)

so it its 1.2 A/h gives 3 hours then 2.4 will give 6 ish 4.8 12 ish

so yeaj the 70 A/h seems the one to me, but as i said you need to know the current to work it out

If it will fit....can be a bit of a tight squezze in the plastic pigs

oops missed a decimal point out i meant 7.0 A/h lol

never fitted a veritas so didnt know sorry

Now there is an idea a 70Ah battery....bit of a pain to cart around but hey should last a little while....yeah proably about a month

Archived