Security Installer Community

Ptz Newbie Setup

Guest Trev

Ok, I have had a really good look around the site over the last few months and it has answred many of my questions.

But now, i am stuck and need some help. - I am looking at getting a pan/tilt dome camera and need some advice on how to controll the pan/tilt and how does the pan/tilt wire up? i dont want to buy it and find out i cant do it.

I currently have 2 DVRs that say they can handle PTZ controlling but am unsure about this.

Any help or if any one could point me to a post / website that would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance!

have no idea what that is, give a ring and ask em what ptz it supports would be my advise

Ok, I got told "it supports all kinds of PTZ cameras as long as the PTZ supports pelco-d, pelco-p protocols"

That means nothing to me?

pelco 'd' is a common protacol and many dome accept this as its like 'epson fx-80' is to printers.

depends on the 'buton' controls you have on the DVR some are nice others re unresponsive. you can buy a stand alaone PTZ control board from manny sources (Ebay and the like) and they are far beter for setting up patrols or presets as well as operation of you camera.

just check the camera has at least one of the same protacols on it as your keyboard, then it's a bit of RJ45 between points. be sure to get the polarity right (or it wont work).

hope you noticed no hard drives with DVR :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The DVR you bought ia made in china! I know this model!But I suggest you buy an additional Control keyboard!It will be easy to control the PTZ camera!

Archived