Security Installer Community

Cctv Footage On Website

Guest Laboratory313

that i can go with. I still think low compression 3-5 fps is better than high compression 15 fps though. But maybe thats cos most of the footage i get soco dont bother with unless its good in the first place.

After watching spooks or csi clients think that we can zoom right in on a cif wide angle image and 'clean it up' and 'enhance' it to provide 500x digital zoom.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

the point i make is we are not doing the enhancing for Police Evidential requirements, but perves with such software could possibly enhance a recorded images well enough to 'satisfy' their needs with.

i'm going to drop out of this subject now, as its beginning to make stumache churn.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I odnt know about the open circuit laws and this maybe covered by dpa but i think open circuit streaming via password or not and cctv are 2 totaally different subjects. I cant get drawn into an argument or discussion over open circuits laws as siad before im not a broadcaster and i dont know them, or what they may be

The most recent interpretation on the DPA and CCTV relates not so much to the technology, but more the way it's used.

So in practice it doesn't matter whether it's CCTV, IP Video, OCRA, it simply boils down to one simple principle, and that is whether the equipment is being used to observe the behaviour of an individual.

In fact, it doesn't even relate simply to video recording. If a system is being used to observe and / or record an individuals activities then it will be required to comply with the DPA, unless it is either being used as part of a criminal investigation or the equipment is installed in a residential setting (all domestic installs are exempt under the Act).

If a system is being used passively, i.e. it is recording for possible later use in the event of a crime having been committed, but is not actively monitored whilst in operation, then that would not be required to notify compliance under the DPA.

Personally I've been saying for more years than I can remember that we need an independent Inspectorate to oversee the use of video surveillance (whatever way we describe it). Perhaps then I wouldn't be getting so many desperate e-mails from people being subjected to intrusive surveillance in their own homes, and with very little prospect of it being curtailed by the authorities.

Ho hum, such is life :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laboratory313
Why don't you put the Geovision systemon line & let your potential customers log in.

Ok I Did just What You Said It Came Out Nice Sold 2 systems sense then off of the demo,now some one was saying that geovision isnt secure what do you think?

Guest Laboratory313
<div>

<object codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" height="480" width="640" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

<param name="_cx" value="16933" />

<param name="_cy" value="12700" />

<param name="FlashVars" value="" />

<param name="Movie" value="../Uploads/video/DVR_recorded_footage.swf" />

<param name="Src" value="../Uploads/video/DVR_recorded_footage.swf" />

<param name="WMode" value="Window" />

<param name="Play" value="-1" />

<param name="Loop" value="-1" />

<param name="Quality" value="High" />

<param name="SAlign" value="" />

<param name="Menu" value="-1" />

<param name="Base" value="" />

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="" />

<param name="Scale" value="ShowAll" />

<param name="DeviceFont" value="0" />

<param name="EmbedMovie" value="0" />

<param name="BGColor" value="000000" />

<param name="SWRemote" value="" />

<param name="MovieData" value="" />

<param name="SeamlessTabbing" value="1" />

<param name="Profile" value="0" />

<param name="ProfileAddress" value="" />

<param name="ProfilePort" value="0" />

<param name="AllowNetworking" value="all" />

<embed src="../Uploads/video/DVR_recorded_footage.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="640" height="480" bgcolor="#000000" quality="high" menu="true"></embed></object></div>

<br>

Sample of the above program in action..(Yes, I bought a copy)..It's on Special if you watch the DEMO.<br>

Compressed my 4.37 Meg Avi file to 200KB flash file.. <br>

And with almost no noticable loss in picture quality..Quite impressive.

OK I Got It I'll Set It up Sometime Today I Got a couple more cameras outside a muffler shop to do today if they got the power back on,it was pritty bad yesterday they where all looking at me like the greatist thing when I got the first 4 on in the rain ice and snow i'm hardcore man weather will not stop me from getting paid.

Archived