Security Installer Community

Open Fire Escape And Window Monitor

AndyG

Hi All,

Andy G here in Waterford, Ireland.

I'm looking for some sort of panel that could be used to monitor if fire escape doors and windows (such as in a toilet area) are open. I know that a standard intruder alarm panel could be used for this (perhaps in chime mode etc) , but what I really want is a system that will give me the status of all the windows and doors at-a -glance. The application is for a shared office complex. Theyhave three ground floor toilets, and three fire doors. During office hours, say 8-5pm, people use the fire doors to go out for a smoke, and open the toilet windows for ventilation. The problem is that no one has overall responsibility to check that all the fire escapes and toilet windows are closed aftersay 5pm, with a consequence that the place can be wide open all night!

I was considering making a panel myself with relays controlled by magnetic sensors on each door/window - depending on whether the door was open or closed, a bi- coloured LED would indicate red or green as appropriate. All the 'red' or 'Open' outputs could be 'ORed' together plus a timer, so that after 5pm, or on weekends for example, a sounder could activate.

Before I go building, does anybody know of anything that could be bought to serve this need - I'd prefer not to have to make something myself if possible!

Thanks in advance,

Andy

what about an alarms panel maybe a texecom in engineers mode on test permantly??

cheers

regs

colin

Thanks for the reply COlin,

Yes, I considered a standard alarm.panel, but all the ones I know about these days have an LCD screen that tells you the open zones one after the other (I'm not familiar with the Texecom specifically, here we usually use Aritechs or HKC gear)

Andy

Ok thanks to all for your replies and recommendations, they are very useful!

Yes, I might build something myself, but before I do I will price up the ready built alternatives, and compare to the self build solution

When it comes down to it, whichever solution is cheapest, yet does the job properly (and looks the part too) - the cost of my time has to be factored in for a self build option though, not just the parts.

Andy

the castle euro meridians have a display zones options that shows all open circuits (if any) instaed of a sign on prompt in a loop.

Or a gal as mentioned before with one of the keys programmed as walktest. or the mimic or have an led next to the panel programmed as ready (this will illuminate when all circuits closed and just use security or 24 hour

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi All,

Andy G here in Waterford, Ireland.

I'm looking for some sort of panel that could be used to monitor if fire escape doors and windows (such as in a toilet area) are open. I know that a standard intruder alarm panel could be used for this (perhaps in chime mode etc) , but what I really want is a system that will give me the status of all the windows and doors at-a -glance....

Hi Andy

I know you mentioned 'a panel' but if you have a pc available would a software display be more user friendly??

With in/out boards on an Acc/Control system you can monitor doors and windows, trigger local/remote devices (sirens/strobes/cctv etc) and have a full event log of all instances. The cost may well be cheaper than you think.

Let me know f you think we may be able to help. Our guys over on the emerald Isle could advise locally.

cheers

Andrew

Archived