Security Installer Community

I'm Looking For A 'nice' Stainless Steel External Sounder. Ideas Please?

Hi Matt,

I'm also a big fan of the rapier :yes: the tamper switch on the old models can be problematic at times but overall it's a great sounder.

LED idea sounds fun, i'm a great fan of blue LED conversions myself, done all sorts of things over the years including my Galaxy RKP. :) The only extra thing I have in my box is a LDR, I never thought about popping a covert in there though, :hmm: I'll give that some thought.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

done all sorts of things over the years including my Galaxy RKP. :)

Is this the blue LED keypad that you built?

I PM'ed someone about that a few days ago as the person who built it offered to tell someone else how to do it (but it wasn't for the faint hearted?!).

If that was you, can you tell me how to do it?

The rubber key illumination is easy enough (it's probably those minature PCB mount LEDs?) but the blue LCD?

Would look wicked on my kitchen flush brass galaxy keypad!

Nothing I ever do is simple or standard. I don't think that I can "just put up a standard box!".

I wanted the RED and BLUE, probably not bother with the YELLOW ones as does seem a bit over the top!

:hmm: why not alternate the Red and Blue in place of Yellow for Fire? it won't matter a jot as no one else but you will actually know what it means anyway.

imo the sight of smoke rising from you home is a far more understandable signal to any JP than a fancy coloured LED array :yes: , and also indicates what is required of them ie a 999 call ASAP.

meanwhile i hope sincerely it never actually gets used, apart from testing - what ever method chosen:cold2:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Nothing I ever do is simple or standard. I don't think that I can "just put up a standard box!".

i know exactely where you are comming from matt - i just watched the 'rulling half' make a total mockery of the manouvre known as "a 3 point turn". raised by the power of 10

now i reckon it should be renamed the "2 finger bad tempered turn"

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived