Security Installer Community

I'm Looking For A 'nice' Stainless Steel External Sounder. Ideas Please?

I wish to replace my old stainless steel Regalsafe external sounder (there's a blast from the past - makes a nice 'haunting' alarm sound as well!)

I want a stainless steel unit with a clear strobe panel.

How's this for an idea....

I will be placing clusters of LED's behind the strobe panel, so when the alarm activates it will flash the standard white strobe, and also light up the relevant LEDs -

RED LED's = Fire

BLUE LED's = Intruder

YELLOW LED's = PA

Why? ...because I love LEDs and it's something to do I suppose! So, the external sounder's strobe panel must be of a reasonable size and CLEAR (not coloured).

After doing a bit of research (Elmdene, CQR, klaxon, Pyronix and Texecom) I like these two units:

CQR (oslgroup?) - CEQMET

http://www.oslgroup.com/Company.aspx?c=8&a...;p=2&cat=33

ELMDENE - SABRE

http://www.elmdene.co.uk/products/sabre.htm

Anyone know of any other nice looking units with a large-ish strobe area? Must be stainless steel to stand apart from all the other cheaper looking units down my street! (oh, and the Elmdene Rapier is out because the strobe is not clear enough!)

Any ideas would be brilliant!

Thanks,

Matt

Rapier is my fave all time sounder, and the Leds you can get now will more than compensate for the so called lack of observation area, the "splash" out either side will illuminate your propety.

Better check out maplins and update your perspective of led`s.

cheers

As noted, how often do you want to have these tried and tested in real life senarios?

???????

It seems a terrible waste of time to me. How often do you expect your house to be on fire or to need to press the pa button? :hmm:

Nothing I ever do is simple or standard. I don't think that I can "just put up a standard box!".

I wanted the RED and BLUE, probably not bother with the YELLOW ones as does seem a bit over the top!

and the Leds you can get now will more than compensate for the so called lack of observation area, the "splash" out either side will illuminate your propety.

Hmmm, I've installed some of these and been totally unimpressed by the comfort LEDs "AND THE STROBE" which was hardly visible.

Seems your experience of the unit is somewhat different from mine. I'll look at the unit again I think.

Thanks for your advise, Matt

No, thats not over the top

Of course, you could fit temperature sensors and have the leds change colour according to the temperature..... or if you can find 12 different coulor leds, have them change every month.. :joker:

That would be going over the top! :yes:

I am looking at a lightning detector at the moment, problem is the strobe might set it off! :hmm:

Well, should I mention that my present box has a bullet camera in it? :huh:

No, thats not over the top

Of course, you could fit temperature sensors and have the leds change colour according to the temperature..... or if you can find 12 different coulor leds, have them change every month.. :joker:

That would be going over the top! :yes:

Nahhhhhhh, sequencer, have different flash patterns too, now ya talking.

cheers

Here you go Matt: Click here

I use LEDs of all types fairly often in projects, Although I once destroyed my friends Atari by changing the power LED to a flashing green one! :fear: (back when I was about 14 that is!)

I just considered the Rapier's strobe tabs to be rather small and difficult to see as they do not face forwards.

:fear:

Look like flashing LEDs as well!

I'd better not use them as I once destroyed my friends Atari by changing the power LED to a flashing green one! (back when I was about 14 that is!)

May i recconmend a doctor, you seem to have a LED fettish.

God help you over the coming festive season............!

cheers

"Back when I was a lad" (about 13 years old) I tried to make LED christmas tree lights (back when LED christmas lights didn't exist).

Ok, so it's a 3 volt LED connected to 240V...

So, 240v divided by 3 volts equals 80 LED's wired in series.

BUZZZZZZZZ - AHHHHH, (electric shock) :whistle: ok maybe it wasn't a good idea!!! (uhhh, didn't know about ampage back then!!)

Glad you're all finding this story funny! :hmm:

Come to think of it, one of those LEDs in my "LED christmas tree lights project" was a flashing one (so they all flashed on and off!). I can't remember what my next project was...?!

Archived