Security Installer Community

Random Pc Freeze

Rich

I have been having random PC freeze and have tried to trace the problem for a few weeks now, I have just come to the conclusion that the cause is my mobile phone.

I can hear the phone noise over my active speakers and 3 times today the PC has frozen once on sending a text message, twice when the phone rang.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can anyone suggest a way of preventing this other that keep the phone away from the PC?

cheers

The noise from the mobile phone is RF interference.

It can cause problem with the data on your drive. It probably will not be serious but you may have to reload windows/linux, depending on what you use.

Either take you phone further away from the 'puter, on wrap the PC in 2" thick lead....:-)

Just trying to do my job

Guest rjbsec
I have been having random PC freeze and have tried to trace the problem for a few weeks now, I have just come to the conclusion that the cause is my mobile phone.

I can hear the phone noise over my active speakers and 3 times today the PC has frozen once on sending a text message, twice when the phone rang.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can anyone suggest a way of preventing this other that keep the phone away from the PC?

cheers

What's the phone doing to you? :fear:

I have had a similar problem but not when the phone is near by. My PC normally freezes and then shuts down which is caused by over heating. Need to clean the inside of your PC, which if you have not done it before then you will find loads of fluff.

I keep it clean and service regular, also dont have a side panel and CPU runs fine, I went through everything trying to find the problem

What's the phone doing to you? :fear:

Causing me a massive headache...

It keeps crashing my PC :P

Have you tried keeping the PC and phone apart long enough to see if the PC freezes without it?

Put it in the next room for a week - and whenever it rings - get up and answer it... It'll do wonders for your health :)

(Or maybe invest in one of those silly looking blue tooth headsets - don't worry - nobody will see you - just remember to take it off before you go out of the house...)

Have you tried keeping the PC and phone apart long enough to see if the PC freezes without it?

Put it in the next room for a week - and whenever it rings - get up and answer it... It'll do wonders for your health :)

(Or maybe invest in one of those silly looking blue tooth headsets - don't worry - nobody will see you - just remember to take it off before you go out of the house...)

Excellent advice, there could be another reason. All these devices have to undergo EMC testing to ensure that this doesn't happen.

Archived