Security Installer Community

Mounting Door Contacts

Guest SammyB

Guest SammyB

A very simple question.

Is it OK to mount magnetic door/window contacts at 90 degrees to each other (i.e. sensor screwed down to the window sill and magnet screwed at 90 degrees on the window) , or do they need to be kept in parallel?

To me they seem to work as long as the magnet is with in the required distance, is this correct?

as long as the magnets are in parrallel then you can mount them lik ethat, when you say 90 degress i assume you dont mean -I but still = where one is rotated through 90 degress.? As rojer says if you try to mount the perpindicular, you will have issues

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest SammyB

Sorry I wasn't very clear when I said 90 degrees they are still in line with each other i.e. both long sides line up together but the top of the sensor points upwards and the top of the magnet points into the room.

Is this acceptable? The reason I am asking is because I have metal windows so I want to screw the sensor to the wooden sill and glue the magnet with epoxy to the window.

If you mean like this then it is ok

CONTACT_OK.bmp

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

if you can mount at or near top of window/door, as less likely to get ingress of water due to condensation in winter months.

not everyone will do this, so it's up to you, me being 'service orientated', i use a clear PCB laquer on the screw connections before i finally screw them down, and do this on flush contacts as well as surface contacts.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived