Security Installer Community

Cordless Drill

Security Technician

• 2 weeks later...

Did have an Bosch 24v, lasted 6 years, then broke the chuck part of drill. Bought a 36v bosch, thinking it would be the dogs //.B.W.F.//, but found it to heavy, the batteries didnt last that long and it was to powerful for 5.5mm holes.

Sold it on ebay 2 months ago and what I got for it bought a brand new Milwaukee 28v sds drill with 2 batteries(

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

• 4 months later...
Haven't bouught one but actually just might for a spare - from their site it looks like a clone of the Bosch 24-volt and if it's a Bosch by another name or even a clone it'd probably be a very useful spare indeed!

I agree with isc, the Bosch 36-volt is a real disappointment after using the 24-volt..

it did look like a very akin copy, but some cheap drills look like bosch lower voltage models, could be useful on those jobs 2 drill are needed or your help don't have a decent voltage drill.

on the biger jobs i unload all the kit 1st day, drop of a van vault , then travel by motorbike as faster cheaper and a hell of a lot more fun

so lets face it, for that money your not gonna cry so much if it gets nicked, well not as much as you will for a spit or a boshe.

as an aside, other tools bought from them have been excellent, ie. geared combi spanner set, engineers seat, car creeper and 2 ton trolley jack - German made. do some decent bottled beers too :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Screwfix have a deal on a DeWalt 24v cordless sds drill

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Archived