Security Installer Community

Cordless Drill

Security Technician

I have the Bosch 36v but have not really noticed a great difference over the older 24v - it comes with 2 x 2ah batteries, not a 3ah like the 24v.

Unless the price is keen I couldn't really recommend paying the extra.

Hi Roger

I am glad you posted that, was just about to order one!!!

See what an excellent forum this is, Roger has just saved me

Im anti dewalt as well. got a Ryobi trimsaw 18v, **** but 18v combi drill good but to heavy for a small drill. Got a 24v makita sds plus other makita kit, cant fault it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Im anti dewalt as well. got a Ryobi trimsaw 18v, **** but 18v combi drill good but to heavy for a small drill. Got a 24v makita sds plus other makita kit, cant fault it.

I'm glad I am not alone, I thought I was going to get some hostility over that statement. Proof is in the pudding, I had a Dewalt 14v combi and 18v XRP Dewalt both have perished afer a years of hard work.

cheers

Dave

Makita 24v SDS the bogs dollocks has hammer stop and rotary stop so can use for chiselling.

Makita 18v combi - pricey but the best you can buy mine has 2.6Ah Nimh batts (don't know how good the ni-cads are).

We buy Ryobi 18v for the lads - make sure you get the most expensive of the 3 combi drills that they offer, the quality is pretty good, heavy tho.

Fire Member

I've had the 24V DeWalt for nearly 2 years and can't fault it. Recently used both batteries on site with no mains and had to use the equivalent Bosch 24V. The 5.5m holes seemed to take twice as long to drill, it just didn't have the power that the DeWalt did. I've never had a problem with it...it rips through everything I've thrown at it.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived