Security Installer Community

Alarm Fault

Guest Gareth

2 Days ago internal sounder went off when alarm was in unset mode. (Veritas R8 System)

After about 20 mins it reset itself, Then at midnight it went off again.

The only way i could silence was by removing a wire in the internal sounder. The box flashed the tamper light and everything went quite. I called my service company and they are coming next wednesday to check the system over.

This morning sometime about 05:00 the external box started buzzing about once every second. And i have no idea on how to stop it.

Is it the battery ?, Can i disconect ?

2 Days ago internal sounder went off when alarm was in unset mode. (Veritas R8 System)

After about 20 mins it reset itself, Then at midnight it went off again.

The only way i could silence was by removing a wire in the internal sounder. The box flashed the tamper light and everything went quite. I called my service company and they are coming next wednesday to check the system over.

This morning sometime about 05:00 the external box started buzzing about once every second. And i have no idea on how to stop it.

Is it the battery ?, Can i disconect ?

Sounds like the power to the alarm has gone down and now the alarm back up battery has failed aswell. The external sounder should stop after 20 mins.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Why should they go within 4 hours. He does not state NACOSS or SSAIB does he???

Although next wedneday does seem a long time, but we do not know what sort of contract he is on. If any!

Just trying to do my job

This sounds like the external sounder has developed a fault.

I am surprised that the company are making you wait until next wednesday if you described the fault the same as you descibed it here, unless this was a mutually agreed time when you would be in.

However this fault will only get worse and as previously mentioned you have your neigbours to think about.

Ring the company back and get it sorted - it will cost you more unless you are under a full comprenhensive maintainance package - and make sure they bring a replacement sounder with them, to save 2 visits and more expense.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

please put sign in front window and on back door -:

**********due to circumstances beyond my control*********

will intruders please wait untill after next wednesday

as i will not be insurred for my losses.

thankyou for your concideration and my full appologies

for any inconvenience cause to the scum classes

that should do the trick

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Gareth

Thanks for replies,

Opened up the alarm box yesterday and saw that the battery was full of corrosion, so went and bought a new battery, This was fitted with no problems.

Internal sounder went off again last night, so i had to remove a wire that was connected to the speaker. Alarm panel is dead this morning,

External sounder has not gone off yet.

I am happy to wait until wednesday unless the external sounder starts going off again, My contract had expired. So it was either a new contract for 55 or just a call out for 50, so i went for the contract for 12 months.

Seems to me that alarm is pulling all power from battery, but i have not looked into power supply etc, not getting invovled in that, leave to professionals.

I checked the fuse in the spur but and that was ok, but did not check if it was getting power to it. (Might have a look later)

If you are on a contract, you should get someone else.

With faults causing noise or affecting the use of the system, it is unacceptable to wait that length of time for a visit.

QFA

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived