Security Installer Community

Cpx Wiring....

Guest xt600

... basic thing I learned many years ago when fault finding was that what the customner tells you happend is not neccessarilly what really happend ...

QFA INDEED!!!

( i haven't followed this topic at all so my comment is only relevant to the fact Colin said above - not its purposes (which might be QFA:d too if i am not too lazy to read the whole topic.. :lol: ))

... basic thing I learned many years ago when fault finding was that what the customner tells you happend is not neccessarilly what really happend ...

QFA INDEED!!!

( i haven't followed this topic at all so my comment is only relevant to the fact Colin said above - not its purposes (which might be QFA:d too if i am not too lazy to read the whole topic.. :lol: ))

Qfa, and QFA with mad Georg

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

You have not told me in any of your replies to my posts what wiring method you have choosen, ok you mention eol in your first post but there is two methods of eol described in the manual i asked you clarify which method you choose.

Your right I am probably not much use to you after all i only managed to tell you how to switch your unused zones off ;) not like you had spent an hour on these forums trying to do it.

Best of luck fixing the rest of your problems because I certainly wont be helping you if you cant help yoursef.

Had a quick look at the Screwfix forums - yeah your right there real good on alarms :no:

Alarmgard, you really are a bit stupid aren't you. I posted "I have enabled '9EOL' and selected EFL1"What is the point of answering me on this forum without reading the posts first?

And you then ask which wiring method i use! Read the whole post before you wade in with accusations!

Also, i didn't imply that screwfix forum was usefull for alarm info. I just said it was good for getting info (on all sorts of trades)

. If the alarm info was good i wouldn't be on here seeking advice now would i?

You are clearly not here to try to help people which begs the question

'why are you here'? Is your life so sad that you have to get on the forum in order to bully those who are here for help?

Well, if there is anyone here who is not up his own //.B.W.F.// and is able to help with sound advise without patronising comments then i would love to hear from you.

cheers...

If I hadn't read your posts first who could i have given you the answer you were looking for ie how to switch your zones off ;)

9EOL is not a wiring type neither is EFL1, so my original question does stand:

What zone wiring type did you elect for? 2wire - Eol - Zone Doubling 8+8

I suspect that you elected for EOL wiring but as to what you mean by EFL1 i do not know.

XT600 there is no need to resort to personal remarks that I find most offensive when we have tried to help with a panel that clearly you are struggling with, I have made several thousand posts on these forums and helped many people with problems with their security systems, indeed your problem is easilliy resolved with the right information in return from you.

The information requested may seem very simple and oddd to you, but I can assure you that many of the problems that we come across on a day to day basis are very simple and caused by the lack of understanding in the programming and installation of a system. By going over the basics bit by bit, it is easy for us to highlight where you may have gone wrong and indeed you may spot the problem by double checking what you have done, before we actually point the problem out.

"9EOL is not a wiring type neither is EFL1, so my original question does stand:

What zone wiring type did you elect for? 2wire - Eol - Zone Doubling 8+8"

Alarmgard, 9eol and EFL1 are the options i chose on the panel because that was the wiring method i used. If you read my whole posts then you would've been able to work that out.

Just to clear this up....the reason i am using a cpx is because it has onboard dialler. I will also need many of the options available on this panel in the future. It's also important to be a hard wired system, most diy being wireless or 'ready wired'. The reason i'm fitting it myself is because there is probably no one in Bulgaria who can fit it for me!

I'm on this forum to get advice to enable me to understand this panel. I'm not here to be patronised and told that i cant fit it because its not a diy panel.

I'd like to thank alan and others for their constructive and helpful comments. Anyone else who is not here to help then please don't post.

XT - if you are going to use EOl then you need to use EOL NORM - ELF1&2 are wiring methods for detectors which have antimask (like a fault output ).

Richl, I am using EFL1 because the detector i'm using does have antimask.

i would strongly recommend using double pole. And also note if you wind up the people that are trying to help you, your going to run out of advice pretty quick. I am also wondering why your tring to use a non diy panel (its not a difficult panel but not a diy) and then attacking full blown knowledgable professionals (who obvioulsy didnt want to employ for your own reasons) and then request their help. We dont mind helping but you really should get your support from where you purchesed your product.

But if you go back to double pole and a global tamper it will make it easier for you to understand

James, i hope my post obove answers these questions regarding me using this panel.

I did wire with global tamper to start with, but decided to use eol insteade for a more secure system.

I'm not here to be patronised and told that i cant fit it because its not a diy panel.

I'd like to thank alan and others for their constructive and helpful comments. Anyone else who is not here to help then please don't post.

So being helped is patronising.

Think i`ll stick with your last sentance.

Archived