Security Installer Community

Cpx Wiring....

Guest xt600

stick a single eol resistor in the zone (s) if the fault clears you've got you wiring wrong, if remains your progamings wrong....

WHAT WIRING METHOD DID YOU SELECT

[sCROLL]the wrong 'un :P [/sCROLL]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stick a single eol resistor in the zone (s) if the fault clears you've got you wiring wrong, if remains your progamings wrong....

[sCROLL]the wrong 'un :P [/sCROLL]

You sure Hang on I will post on the Srewfix forum and double check :lol:

What zone wiring type did you elect for? 2wire - Eol - Zone Doubling 8+8

Thanks alarmgard but i have already told you....if you dont bother reading the posts then you're of not much help at all are you?

You have not told me in any of your replies to my posts what wiring method you have choosen, ok you mention eol in your first post but there is two methods of eol described in the manual i asked you clarify which method you choose.

Your right I am probably not much use to you after all i only managed to tell you how to switch your unused zones off ;) not like you had spent an hour on these forums trying to do it.

Best of luck fixing the rest of your problems because I certainly wont be helping you if you cant help yoursef.

Had a quick look at the Screwfix forums - yeah your right there real good on alarms :no:

:( i am a little confused, people on this site (screwfix) seem to be offering good advice, like you need the engineers code to change a pir, and that it is best done live :banned:

alarm guard be careful mate, your blood pressure appears to be RISING

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

You have not told me in any of your replies to my posts what wiring method you have choosen, ok you mention eol in your first post but there is two methods of eol described in the manual i asked you clarify which method you choose.

Your right I am probably not much use to you after all i only managed to tell you how to switch your unused zones off ;) not like you had spent an hour on these forums trying to do it.

Best of luck fixing the rest of your problems because I certainly wont be helping you if you cant help yoursef.

Had a quick look at the Screwfix forums - yeah your right there real good on alarms :no:

Alarmgard, you really are a bit stupid aren't you. I posted "I have enabled '9EOL' and selected EFL1"What is the point of answering me on this forum without reading the posts first?

And you then ask which wiring method i use! Read the whole post before you wade in with accusations!

Also, i didn't imply that screwfix forum was usefull for alarm info. I just said it was good for getting info (on all sorts of trades)

. If the alarm info was good i wouldn't be on here seeking advice now would i?

You are clearly not here to try to help people which begs the question

'why are you here'? Is your life so sad that you have to get on the forum in order to bully those who are here for help?

Well, if there is anyone here who is not up his own //.B.W.F.// and is able to help with sound advise without patronising comments then i would love to hear from you.

cheers...

To turn a zone of you need to go into the zone tag option and change it from "remove" or similiar to "off"

i can't find a way in to that option menu. The manual says go into 'zone attributes' but there is no sign of a 'turn off' option in there!

it's in 'zone types'

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

xt600, i dont personally use this panal as stated but im sure that zone 9 is the tamper when in double pole mode. Could you humour me and just put a link of wire in here and see what happens?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

:( i am a little confused, people on this site (screwfix) seem to be offering good advice, like you need the engineers code to change a pir, and that it is best done live :banned:

alarm guard be careful mate, your blood pressure appears to be RISING

they also sell fuse's - and 1st aid kits, not sure about cpr?:whistle:

regs

alan

alarmgard and others,

please remember this guy is NOT a trained or experienced securityengineer your 'helping', so to reply and treat him as a total moron is not acceptable, just because he happened to ask on the forum for some advice .

now if you get frustrated offering it best you not post, as its more likeley you are at fault but do not realise it. what is patently obvious to us is a black art to others, and you have not clearly stated for a non-engineer to understand.

example 'WHAT WIRING METHOD DID YOU SELECT' could have been better asked by 'what wiring option did you select in "program zones".' you knew what you meant - he did not and why should he?

as the term 'method' emplies cable fixings and running surface or not, get my point? so to then to repeat it in such a rude way is totally unacceptable and crass on an enormous scale

pop at me all you like - i'm well able to parry the slings and arrows comming my way and laugh at you and me while we do it, the public are not me or you, so desreve far more respect and patience than is shown in this thread thus far.

regs

alan

To turn a zone of you need to go into the zone tag option and change it from "remove" or similiar to "off"

i can't find a way in to that option menu. The manual says go into 'zone attributes' but there is no sign of a 'turn off' option in there!

it's in 'zone types'

regs

alan

Hi alan, i have now turned off zone 5,6,7,8 which are not used. Problem is, now reading tamper fault on zone 4. Will have another look at wiring after work today but everything is wired per instructions.

Well, if there is anyone here who is not up his own //.B.W.F.// and is able to help with sound advise without patronising comments then i would love to hear from you.

:hmm: see posts 2,4,6,12,15,20 & 26

Alarmgard, you really are a bit stupid aren't you........Is your life so sad that you have to get on the forum in order to bully those who are here for help?

He's tried to lend a hand, but you don't seem to understand........Moderate your tone or bugger off

hi alarmgard

got to say ???????

the option is in Program Zones ? - Zone Types ? then enter zone number '4' YES - NO then no till it shows 'OFF'.

i refer to 'TAGS' as the text applied to the zone like 'FRONT DOOR' etc. Attribute's on Gardtec is to cover chime etc.

regs

alan

open up detector no. 4 and make sure resistors are fitted properly and are not shorting together. had the same problem recently and that sorted it.

Martin

Trade Member

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!!

Martin Hanfo

CCTV - Intruder Alarms - Access Control - Security Lighting - Locks

Covering South Wales

07903 967045

open up detector no. 4 and make sure resistors are fitted properly and are not shorting together. had the same problem recently and that sorted it.

he's got iwise ones with eol done via jumpers

the tamper fault will no doubt register on all circuits...before i turned off zones 5 to 9 it was on them. i dont think its an individual circuit...

hi xt600

the CPX when zones are programmed as EOL will show individual zone tampers, it's why it is a preferred method as the protection cable is constantly monitored right into the device. the old style 'loop & tamper' known as 'double pole' oe 'loop' did not monitor the alarm loop during the day. so if the cable suffered damage during the day the user only found out about it when or during the system is set.

can i suggest you remove all wiring from you panel other than the keypad, fit 4.7k ressistors to each zone - wether programmed on or off. and check you panel will set and operate properly.

introduce each zone after first checking them with a meter for correct ressistance and no shorts between cores, most importantly one by one, beleive me it will save you a lot of time and frustration in the long run.

what some were trying to say to you, this panel is a more of a professional unit than some budget offerings, but when you have no experience (no diss intended) and you get something wrong, it is far harder for you as a diy'er to find or realise the fault.

other so called 'diy' panels offer ease of installation with basic 'fit many' pre programed out of the box, but far less 'frilly bits' regarding functionality. at the end of the day it/they will ring a bell/siren - hopefully, so it don't really matter in that sense what panel you fit, as long as it works properly. the type of panel installed will not equal the intruder running away at any a faster rate.

we all appreciate you want the best you can instal, but that comes with some pain too.

regs

alan

i would strongly recommend using double pole. And also note if you wind up the people that are trying to help you, your going to run out of advice pretty quick. I am also wondering why your tring to use a non diy panel (its not a difficult panel but not a diy) and then attacking full blown knowledgable professionals (who obvioulsy didnt want to employ for your own reasons) and then request their help. We dont mind helping but you really should get your support from where you purchesed your product.

But if you go back to double pole and a global tamper it will make it easier for you to understand

i would strongly recommend using double pole. And also note if you wind up the people that are trying to help you, your going to run out of advice pretty quick. I am also wondering why your tring to use a non diy panel (its not a difficult panel but not a diy) and then attacking full blown knowledgable professionals (who obvioulsy didnt want to employ for your own reasons) and then request their help. We dont mind helping but you really should get your support from where you purchesed your product.

But if you go back to double pole and a global tamper it will make it easier for you to understand

careful james'

your gonna have to exsplain 'global' tamper next :rolleyes:

regs

alan

he's got iwise ones with eol done via jumpers

i really must get arround to reading the instructions on these - i did'nt spot those jumpers on the ones i just fitted :cry:

regs

alan

a 'glabal' tamper is a tamper for all devices so you use circuits 1 to 8 as your normal alarm loops, door contacts dualtecs etc, then use circiut 9 as your tamper for all devices, ie global. All you need to do is series all the tamper loops back at the panel and connect the resultant loop into circuit 9. hey presto

there ya go

a 'glabal' tamper is a tamper for all devices so you use circuits 1 to 8 as your normal alarm loops, door contacts dualtecs etc, then use circiut 9 as your tamper for all devices, ie global. All you need to do is series all the tamper loops back at the panel and connect the resultant loop into circuit 9. hey presto

there ya go

absolutely correct - go to the top of the class james,

but i was only joshing you mate :rolleyes: it was a gentle point out that we have to be more 'complete' with our remarks to DIY posters, xt600 might have thought by global tampers you were suggesting 'world domination' :cold2: .

:)

regs

alan

Alarmgard, you really are a bit stupid aren't you. I posted "I have enabled '9EOL' and selected EFL1"What is the point of answering me on this forum without reading the posts first?

And you then ask which wiring method i use! Read the whole post before you wade in with accusations!

Also, i didn't imply that screwfix forum was usefull for alarm info. I just said it was good for getting info (on all sorts of trades)

. If the alarm info was good i wouldn't be on here seeking advice now would i?

You are clearly not here to try to help people which begs the question

'why are you here'? Is your life so sad that you have to get on the forum in order to bully those who are here for help?

cheers...

If I hadn't read your posts first who could i have given you the answer you were looking for ie how to switch your zones off ;)

9EOL is not a wiring type neither is EFL1, so my original question does stand:

I suspect that you elected for EOL wiring but as to what you mean by EFL1 i do not know.

XT600 there is no need to resort to personal remarks that I find most offensive when we have tried to help with a panel that clearly you are struggling with, I have made several thousand posts on these forums and helped many people with problems with their security systems, indeed your problem is easilliy resolved with the right information in return from you.

The information requested may seem very simple and oddd to you, but I can assure you that many of the problems that we come across on a day to day basis are very simple and caused by the lack of understanding in the programming and installation of a system. By going over the basics bit by bit, it is easy for us to highlight where you may have gone wrong and indeed you may spot the problem by double checking what you have done, before we actually point the problem out.

hi alarmgard

got to say ???????

the option is in Program Zones ? - Zone Types ? then enter zone number '4' YES - NO then no till it shows 'OFF'.

i refer to 'TAGS' as the text applied to the zone like 'FRONT DOOR' etc. Attribute's on Gardtec is to cover chime etc.

regs

alan

As usual Alan you seek to digress and confuse the issue further, XT600 has already swicthed the spare zones off :yes:

I would strongly reccomend that you read the manual for this panel and familiarise yourself with the equipment that you claim to install, as you will see that on Page 9 that the terms used by myself were in fact a direct representation of the ones used by Gartec themselves :yes: If your strugling with see that I can post a copy of the Engineers manual in the trade lounge for you ;)

And Alan a basic thing I learned many years ago when fault finding was that what the customner tells you happend is not neccessarilly what really happend and that it is best to not to ignore the obvious. So ensuring that he has selected the correct wiring type is very relevant before ensuring that he has actually wired the detectors up correctly, likewise the advice that James was gioving him about shorting the zone out was also important. If XT600 cant do what he is asked, then he will only seek to prolong his predicament.

You may feel that you have had the opportunity to shine Alan, but in reallity you have only clouded the issue with your slights at myself.

Archived