Security Installer Community

Cpx Wiring....

Guest xt600

When you go into program zones and you change the zone type and then press yes to accept and the cursur will mover to the bottom right of the Display and the word will say "remove" or similiar press no until "off" is displayed then yes to accept.

Now you might understand what we were all trying to tell you its not a DIY panel.

thx alarmgard...i have turned off all unused zones. Trouble is, it still wont set because of a 'tamper zone 4'.....

Im using the first 4 zones and cant see any problem with the tamper circuit.

And yes, it may not be a diy panel but i dont want a **** diy panel!! It's a pro panel and this forum is for people to offer help for peeps like me is it not??

Take a look at the srewfix electrical forum...its full of diy'ers after info, and they dont all get told not to ask, some actually get good advice!

Thing is the job will only be as good as diy install so does it really matter which panel you have fitted :no:

If you answered the question on the what wiring format you have selected we might be able to help you further or assuming of course you dont get help from the Screwfix forum as they will tell you what you need to know :whistle:

what reading are you getting off the ciruit?

Which circuit?

well four the one in tamper......

the tamper fault will no doubt register on all circuits...before i turned off zones 5 to 9 it was on them. i dont think its an individual circuit...

stick a single eol resistor in the zone (s) if the fault clears you've got you wiring wrong, if remains your progamings wrong....

WHAT WIRING METHOD DID YOU SELECT

[sCROLL]the wrong 'un :P [/sCROLL]

stick a single eol resistor in the zone (s) if the fault clears you've got you wiring wrong, if remains your progamings wrong....

[sCROLL]the wrong 'un :P [/sCROLL]

You sure Hang on I will post on the Srewfix forum and double check :lol:

What zone wiring type did you elect for? 2wire - Eol - Zone Doubling 8+8

Thanks alarmgard but i have already told you....if you dont bother reading the posts then you're of not much help at all are you?

You have not told me in any of your replies to my posts what wiring method you have choosen, ok you mention eol in your first post but there is two methods of eol described in the manual i asked you clarify which method you choose.

Your right I am probably not much use to you after all i only managed to tell you how to switch your unused zones off ;) not like you had spent an hour on these forums trying to do it.

Best of luck fixing the rest of your problems because I certainly wont be helping you if you cant help yoursef.

Had a quick look at the Screwfix forums - yeah your right there real good on alarms :no:

Archived