Security Installer Community

Rapport-337, Own Up Who,s Bought One

golfball

just an idea on this thread,

i have a HTC Touch Diamond phone which has a good high res screen, also one of SQ's alien dvrs indoors.

i used WiFi and my phone display to set up the camera views. which set me thiking as to if there was a way to hook in a WiFi access point to a camera or DVR output for site use.

often you go to a site all that is needed is a realign or to check after cleaning all is well, so having a convenient way of seeing the image without wire or needing to open the housing on a wet day could be very handy imo.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

just an idea on this thread,

i have a HTC Touch Diamond phone which has a good high res screen, also one of SQ's alien dvrs indoors.

i used WiFi and my phone display to set up the camera views. which set me thiking as to if there was a way to hook in a WiFi access point to a camera or DVR output for site use.

often you go to a site all that is needed is a realign or to check after cleaning all is well, so having a convenient way of seeing the image without wire or needing to open the housing on a wet day could be very handy imo.

regs

alan

Alan..that is possible, there are a number of single port video servers around...axis being one.

With this you would just plug in the composite video into the box, then into ethernet... so assume you have an access point to gain wireless connectivity....

Other alternative is a cheapo pc or laptop with one of the cheapo capture cards... these all have webservers....and you could even have peer to peer wireless (usb even) so that you dont need an access point...

Could be worth developing....

David

Had mine for short time, charged twice (properly) hardly used, it wont hold a charge. Sent back for repair. Good unit but this apears to be a common problem.

Hi - dont know if you read one of my earlier replies... I replaced the batteries with the largest capacity cells I could find... which ended up being from 7dayshop...

Just a shame mine is a pile of scrap...unless i get some component IDs from some kind 337 owner...(hint...) :whistle:

David

Archived