Security Installer Community

Rapport-337, Own Up Who,s Bought One

golfball

rapport337 from act

i know this thing has been talked about before but have any of you actualy got one

i have a small cop cctv test monitor at the mo but the res aint much cop

(no pun intended)

and its hard to see in daylight

i will say its getting a bit old and i have droped it a few times

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Yeah- I've got one - company provided...

Not bad for a service engineer, not if you were focusing cameras all day - then the screen is too small. The test bar output ability is useful.

I've hardly used the multimeter - been spoiled by my Fluke... And the test leads that come with it are RUBBISH - The crocodile clips don't have continuity through them, and they have to be fused as the meter itself is not fused. Big oversight I think...

D7

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mark_1974
rapport337 from act

i know this thing has been talked about before but have any of you actualy got one

(no pun intended)

iv got the rapport iv found it useful not really used meter on it screen is alittle small but does wot it should protocols on it arent bad does wot it should battery life could be better tho utp cable tester has been useful worth the buy .will be better when they bring out the sun sheild

rapport337 from act

(no pun intended)

iv got the rapport iv found it useful not really used meter on it screen is alittle small but does wot it should protocols on it arent bad does wot it should battery life could be better tho utp cable tester has been useful worth the buy .will be better when they bring out the sun sheild

When i was shown it on a genie roadshow was dissapointed that the dome/ptz control did not include up the coax!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Hi

How do you find the colour test bars display on the internal monitor?

In NTSC mode they are solid colour, yet in PAL they are somewhat iffy.... the video signal sent OUT is ok - nice and clean...just the internal display is not as would be expected....

Also, what product and firware versions do your have? Mine are 3.1 and 3.6...

DJ

Useful to carry at the top of a ladder, doesn't have the reflection/sunlight problems that others have.

It's a clear screen, though small, but the convenience of the unit makes up for its size.

I've used the PTZ facility to test when switching VCL domes to Pelco-D and used it to setup various other applications.

Haven't used the multimeter facility - don't like the fuss with charging and don't like the poor charge hold.

All in all I prefer its convenience to other monitors I have used.

• 7 months later...

Guys

Yes, the battery life seems to be a common problem...

I replaced teh (Sanyo) batteries that mine was supplied with by the highest capacity AA's I could find (cannot remember how big they are) and the life is now no problem...

I am still surprised at how quickly the batteries drain if the unit is not used - is that something you guys have noticed?

Software updates - anyone seen any to download/flash? There must be some I would expect...

DJ

• 4 weeks later...
rapport337 from act

(no pun intended)

I've just bought one because of the UTP testing and the Pelco protocols, I already have a Handyset 101T for focusing which has a larger screen

As I said I got it for the UTP testing and the protocols.

I did notice that when I didn't use it for 4 days the battery was completely flat whereas I haven't used the Handyset for a month anf it's battery strength is still 11.4v

As the Rapport instructions state keep it charged when not in use, and it does come with a cigarette lighter charger, which the Handyset it's an optional extra.

as for the multimeter function, I haven't used it yet as I would usually use my Fluke

RichardP

• 3 weeks later...

yes can agree with you about the battery life but over all is a usefull bit of kit i installed another lighter socket in the van and have it permanently on charge. focusing can be aproblem still cant beat a crt screen.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

• 2 weeks later...

Archived