Security Installer Community

Best Outdoor Pir?

Guest broadband

Guest broadband

Hi All,

I would like to know what are considered the best outdoor detectors on the market. I am fairly new to the industry and involved in CCTV central monitoring. I would like to be sure that installers don't install rubbish and leave us with too many false alarms, or worse still, no alarm at all when someone enters a protected area.

Thanks.

Redwall, GJD ??

Sounds like a good answer.

Not fitted any of the GJD's yet but got some to fit later this week, find out what they're like then.

I know Redwalls are meant to be the dogs gonads, but IMO I find GJDs better and cheaper.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I like the GJD detectors, especially because you can't tell where the blind spots are or where the coverage area is with the cover on. As Breff says, they're a heck of alot cheaper than the Redwalls too...

Trade Member

I go with the redwalls where range and reliabilty are needed. Where cheapness is needed i go witht he GJD and have found them ok ish but nowhere near as good as redwall (i know they wouldnt be) If it were on my house id use GJD if it were on my office id use redwalls

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i would use GJD we opel xl for my house no problems over 7 years installed

we use opal ellites on two schools to control domes and again 1 site 5 years no probs

very good and cost effective

redwall would only be an option if i required long range detection

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

Guest rjbsec

GJD are cheap and okay, however in my experience they are quite variable in coverage, especially after a year or so. I've never used Redwall as I consider them to be grossly over-priced. Rokonet have just brought out a new line with PIR or Dual-technology options and they look quite good spec although I haven't yet used one - I will on my next project that requires it.

Archived