Security Installer Community

How Much Longer Will Redcare Be Around ?

When Redcare first popped up with line monitoring - it was just what the security industry big boys and their mates at the insurance companies had been waiting for. A license to print money.

I'm working down under at the moment and have just heard that the Redcare equivilent over here will be gone within 2-5 years. Not too sure why - but it got me thinking.

With the advent of IP based signalling, where line monitoring comes as standard - how much longer will end users be prepared to pay through the nose for standard Redcare ?

My Redcare bulletins seem to indicate it will be around for quite some time yet - but what say you ?

Time for a price reduction :hmm: ?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

No i dont think so purly because the costs involved in ip. If you want a backup path then it cost more than redcare gsm/dualcom+

I do a fair bit with ip and dont think that normal broadband is up to the job of 24 7 signalling, how often is your link down at home. I think over the next 3-6 years we will see the national clients move to it as they have their own wan link used for other things so sticking their signalling down it seem the obvious choice, but then you need a radio backup. If your using ip signalling chances are you sending far more inf that the dtmf/pin system allows for so you waould want a similar amount of info to go down the backup. This costs as much as redcare does as you need something similar. Also i think that redcare will release an redcare gsm ip product as all the panel manufacturers are bring gsm modules to market we will need an insurace recommended product. This will proabably have the name redcare in it somewhere!

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

With the advent of IP based signalling, where line monitoring comes as standard - how much longer will end users be prepared to pay through the nose for standard Redcare ?

since its only ATS 3 are'nt most paying thorugh the nose for Redcare GSM or a Dualcom??

No i dont think so purly because the costs involved in ip. If you want a backup path then it cost more than redcare gsm/dualcom+

I do a fair bit with ip and dont think that normal broadband is up to the job of 24 7 signalling, how often is your link down at home. I think over the next 3-6 years we will see the national clients move to it as they have their own wan link used for other things so sticking their signalling down it seem the obvious choice, but then you need a radio backup. If your using ip signalling chances are you sending far more inf that the dtmf/pin system allows for so you waould want a similar amount of info to go down the backup.

QFA!!!

+ static IP on GPRS/UMTS ... we are able to do it here but still problem lies on two different IP's. + GPRS uses only rest of timeslots available from CS (circuit switched) streams (data or voice)..

do you have a redcare equivalent in coldshire??

sort of. other one sends only 8channels on/off information and other one can use pstn/isdn/tcpip/hscsd(circuit switched gsm data)/gprs and sends sort of contact id format but strings are sent as ascii not dtmf. problem is that it supports only two "made in cs" panels that way.

[deleted]

don't be shy..

:hmm: interesting could you post or pm a link?

of the panels or Safenet (Alerta Pro or how ever they call it now a days - equipment is the same only name changed - i get the ones i need through securitas since then it doesn't cost

Archived