Security Installer Community

How Much Longer Will Redcare Be Around ?

And it's that "last mile" connection that is expensive, so why would it get replaced?

Well - isn't classic redcare starting to feel a bit expensive when the only advantage it provides over PSTN monitoring is polling ?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

i have only used redcare and gsm with alarm panel for the companies i worked for but have to say i wont be offering the service to my customers as i cant offer the cost savings the bigger companies do.

What cost savings? redcare gsm and dualcom plus are about the only things generally accepted by insurance companies for police response ssystems, to the point the spec that comes from the insurance doesnt mention police responce, pd662, a grade, just

'my insurance company insist on a redcare alarm'

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i wont be offering the service to my customers as i cant offer the cost savings the bigger companies do.

Mmmm... maybe you have just answered bellmans question "what's the board of //.National Installer.// got to do with it ?"

I'm being a bit unfair on //.National Installer.// (is that possible ?) and should change that to "the big boys".

I always got the feeling that there was a little "loop of friends" that included NSI, "the big boys", Redcare and the insurance companies. Perhaps this is where the 'my insurance company insist on a redcare alarm' attitude mentioned by jameswilson comes from ?

No I haven't and no I'm not.

you seem well informed :whistle:

Whats the board of //.National Installer.// got to do with it? :unsure:

Illuminati / Hex conspiracy?????

No it comes from bt spending hundreds of thousands marketing redcare. Thst why the insurabce say redcare, not nsi/nacoss/ssaib or even police response. I know people think there is some 'club' but we are nsi gold and i can assure you we are not party to it, wish i was!!

I know people think there is some 'club' but we are nsi gold and i can assure you we are not party to it, wish i was!!

No club? No doubt that is why, before UKAS Accreditation came onto the scene, the ABI agreed to prepare an unbiased matrix for insurers and brokers as guidance when considering NACOSS vs SSAIB installers - who did they use to prepare this unbiased matrix? A Director of the Board of NACOSS!

No club of course, just the obvious choice :rolleyes:

lol i suppose the choice was obvious really.

Well, regardless of which 'club' you are in and whether or not that 'club' actually exists, I guess the answer to the original question lies in the following statement:

'My insurance company insist on a redcare alarm'

That is, until BT decide to change the rules when they release "New product X" and then it will be a case of:

'My insurance company insist on a BT Product X alarm'

Ah well - I guess it's good to know that at least it's a respectable company steering the controls of our industry. It could have been NTL !

'My insurance company insist on a redcare alarm'

I guess nobody in Hull has insurance then??????????????????????

Im sure people in hull get told to get a 'redcare alarm' first and then when the professional security company get involved the correct infomation chnages hans. Unless the just fit dualcom and get on with it, anyone cover hull?? (its kingston communications i think)

Im sure people in hull get told to get a 'redcare alarm' first and then when the professional security company get involved the correct infomation chnages hans. Unless the just fit dualcom and get on with it, anyone cover hull?? (its kingston communications i think)

bloody hell your good................or are you cheating & googling in another window.. :whistle:

back in the day a paknet was just as good as stu in the eyes of the underwriter

Archived