Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9452

Guest Russell_Huffer

Guest Russell_Huffer

I have just moved into a new house which has a Scantronic 9452 fitted it is flashing tamper panic and fault lights, today the box went off for no reason so i have disconneted the mains and the battery, the bell did not go off but i belive it should have done when i disconneted the battery form the contril panel.

The situation is i am worried that the bell may go off at any time as panel now has mains etc disconnected and i do not know the code so can not reconnect, i can not afford to have an engineer come out to it. so have a choice of fix it myself or trow it in the bin. What i need is the engineers manual to enable me to do some tests to see if it is salvageable or junk.

Any help much apprciated.

Russell.

I have just moved into a new house which has a Scantronic 9452 fitted it is flashing tamper panic and fault lights, today the box went off for no reason so i have disconneted the mains and the battery, the bell did not go off but i belive it should have done when i disconneted the battery form the contril panel.

The situation is i am worried that the bell may go off at any time as panel now has mains etc disconnected and i do not know the code so can not reconnect, i can not afford to have an engineer come out to it. so have a choice of fix it myself or trow it in the bin. What i need is the engineers manual to enable me to do some tests to see if it is salvageable or junk.

Any help much apprciated.

Russell.

Cant help wit hthe manual but yes you are correct that the bell should have activated when you powered it down, it may be a flase economy to 'have a go' though, you should have it checked by a professional

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

What i need is the engineers manual to enable me to do some tests to see if it is salvageable or junk.
Sorry but we cannot help with an Engineer manual. Though the unit will more than likely be salvageable/repairable.

The 9452 isn't a bad little panel and it is certainly worth calling an engineer out to repair and re-program the system to your requirements.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Russell_Huffer

I understand that you are protecting your industry etc by not giving out engineering manuals, however as i said i can not afford to call an engineer out only to find the box is not resetable and is only fit for the bin, i accept that i do not have the ability to service it but want to know that is is not a lost cause before i call someone out.

If i could do basic reset and tests then i am happy to get a service and new bell ete etc but i have other things more important to buy than a 50 / 50 chance on an alarm working.

Russell.

As Service engineer has said the system should be repairable, the panels are fairly robust. Yes the general thinking is that the bell should go off externally when you remove both the mains and battery power, however there may not be a Battery/timer in the bellbox due to age of the bell or indeed if it was a diy install. The battery in the bell may also need changing.

The panel does not need resetting to prove if the bell is okay or not, the easiest way would be to get up a ladder, remove the cover and have a look NOTE the bell may activate when you remove the cover but based on what you have said it wont.

Take some pictures of the bell and the inside of the control panel showing the connections to the bell, do you know how many wires goe to the external bell (one cable with how many wires connected?)

user commands

Bell test - 8+enter+user code

walk test - 9+enter+user code

enter to end test.

this information came from the user/programming manual, hope it helps

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest Russell_Huffer

Thanks for replys first i do not know how many wires go to the bell, it is up under the eves and i have nither a ladder or the slightest inclination to climb up to it, i would like a way of testing it but more important is a way to test if panel is good or bad. I can not afford to spend

Thanks for replys first i do not know how many wires go to the bell, it is up under the eves and i have nither a ladder or the slightest inclination to climb up to it, i would like a way of testing it but more important is a way to test if panel is good or bad. I can not afford to spend

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

:) with respect i think you have now reached the point where you do need the services of a engineer.without the user code there is very little you can do.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest Russell_Huffer

Again thanks for the help but as i do not have the code i can not see the point of me trying to fix the circuits, i want to test the panel works then get someone to fit new bell if required and set up the panic thing and other bit like the front door has been replaced so has nothing other than a cut wire going to it, unfortunatly i do not have the codes so please stop giving me options which need the user code. If I can not get a manual i will probably just leave it as i do not have the cash at the moment to take a chance on it being a good panel it has sat unused for about 5 years i guess so another 5 will not hurt it.

Thanks anyway.

Best regards

Russell.

Archived