Security Installer Community

Camera Recomendation Please!!!

Mike J

I am sure you guys can help me.

We have a 24vDC external camera in a stadard housing fitted in a local college. The make is Vantage and it truly is 380 lines, 1/3 lens, auto iris etc.

Its always been a problem to us as its mounted in a tunnel area looking out of the tunnel into a delivery area.

The delivery area is always there in bright daylight but the inside of the tunnel on view is almost blacked out due to the low level of light. The camera is connected to a Neurodynamics DVR and the picture looks awful.

I need a few suggestions on ways to improve my pic here. If its a new camera I dont mind but I dont want the same problems.

So we are in a dark area looking out into daylight and I am struggling getting any picture definition in the darker area.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Agree with System Q - I would add a second camera. Have one looking back into the tunnel away from outside daylight, have the other one looking at the delivery area.

We have a 24vDC external camera in a stadard housing fitted in a local college. The make is Vantage and it truly is 380 lines, 1/3 lens, auto iris etc.

Its always been a problem to us as its mounted in a tunnel area looking out of the tunnel into a delivery area.

The delivery area is always there in bright daylight but the inside of the tunnel on view is almost blacked out due to the low level of light. The camera is connected to a Neurodynamics DVR and the picture looks awful.

I need a few suggestions on ways to improve my pic here. If its a new camera I dont mind but I dont want the same problems.

So we are in a dark area looking out into daylight and I am struggling getting any picture definition in the darker area.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mike what model vantage do you have ?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

The last time I had a problem like that was with a High res Vantage camera, fix the problem by replacing it with a Bosch Dinion XF camera with Pentax lens..

Not cheap but did the trick :yes:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

you should go for a high res camera not medium anything above 420 lines pref nearer 500 with built in integration down to 0.001 lux and with new features such as the wide dynamic range which will compansate from shadowing effects of bright areas in contrast of dark situations. vantage are only entry level spec and for this you will need something such as samsung 520 day night or panasonics sdII.

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

you should go for a high res camera not medium anything above 420 lines pref nearer 500 with built in integration down to 0.001 lux and with new features such as the wide dynamic range which will compansate from shadowing effects of bright areas in contrast of dark situations. vantage are only entry level spec and for this you will need something such as samsung 520 day night or panasonics sdII.

Samsung SDN520`s are pretty good for mixed lighting we have found.

The last time I had a problem like that was with a High res Vantage camera, fix the problem by replacing it with a Bosch Dinion XF camera with Pentax lens..

Not cheap but did the trick :yes:

I agree with jp Dinion will solve your issue

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived