Security Installer Community

Domestic V Commercial

Guest reaper30

Guest reaper30

Whilst in screwfix today picking up some electrical bits, I browsed the catalogue and they seem quite reasonable for alarm set ups.

This made me think if the alarms they sell were any good.

What do you guys prefer to install in a - domestic and B - commercial premises and what would you install if cost were no object?

regards

reaper

This made me think if the alarms they sell were any good.
Won't these all be Grade 1 panels.?

Most installers wont fit less than grade 2 in domestic, and grades 2+ (usually grade 3) in commercial.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Won't these all be Grade 1 panels.?

Most installers wont fit less than grade 2 in domestic, and grades 2+ (usually grade 3) in commercial.

Agreed

Why is the public being allowed to purchase Grade 2 kit.? :fear:

Didn't Gardtec say they would only be selling the basic Eurosec through screwfix. :angry2:

Guest reaper30
no not all they sell the gardtec eurosec CPX w/built in auto dialer, thats atleast grade 2. but beware buying these from such places as screwfix and cef as we all kicked off with gardtec for selling these to those places so they now remove all grading stamps, so they will not comply with euro regs. but they are still the same panel.

Why would you kick off with gardtech? Isn't business about making money? So if there are other companies that want to stock their goods why shouldn't they sell to them?

As I am an electrician, should I be kicking off with mk for supplying B+Q? I see the point you are making as by selling grade 2 panels to joe public it will cause problems and will end up in more call outs to incorrectly installed/programmed systems, but, in theory, that should be more cash for you shouldn't it?

Why would you kick off with gardtech?
Yes there is a DIY market, and DIY systems are GRADE 1.

Grade 2 is supposed to be Profesional (Trade Only) Kit.

If Joe Public can buy it, then I cannot/will not spec it.

Guest rjbsec
Eurosec CPX

8-zone control panel with digital communicator and G-Tag.

Looks like also products from Honeywell, Crow, Rokonet and others - profit before principle!

Guest Coll
the even more irritating thing is that ppl who know the panel will know this is probably the most advance panel offered on the diy market, 16 zone eol, g-tag, digi, wireless capable.

Shame on you gardtec.

Also try www.rswww.com Search for gardtec to see the huge range of products they sell to 'Joe Public'. This is not as i have seen inferred so many times in this forum a 'black art'. If you want it, they'll sell it. (With engineers installation guides in pdf)

Archived