Security Installer Community

Domestic V Commercial

Guest reaper30

I agree that jo public should only be able to buy grade 1 kit but as people have stated that if a company can make more money from diy ers then companies like screwfix will sell it. i think the manufacturers shouldnt supply diy companies :banned: only registered wholesalers

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

i think the manufacturers shouldnt supply diy companies :banned: only registered wholesalers

But as we've seen, some registered companies happily sell to public as well as trade so it's not solely down to the manufacturer in all cases.

Whilst in screwfix today picking up some electrical bits, I browsed the catalogue and they seem quite reasonable for alarm set ups.

This made me think if the alarms they sell were any good.

What do you guys prefer to install in a - domestic and B - commercial premises and what would you install if cost were no object?

regards

reaper

hi reaper,

your question is a bit disjointed with respects.

some engineers prefer commercial works, while others private houses. commercials tend to be a bit 'dirtier' work and a longer install due to size of site, and you have less worry about dust sheets and so on. now for me not being a natuaral early riser by nature (lazy git) i preferred the domestic jobs. they don't want you in before 9:30 and they want you gone by 3:15pm due to the school runs - so sorted! and if i'm lucky a choccy buiscuit with the tea or coffee.

kit is chosen on the basis of what the site actually needs, which varies from job to job depending on risk and so on.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived