Security Installer Community

Detectors In Conservatories

I have to install a detector in a massive conservatory, can i use PIR or will this give false alarms?

cheers

It may or may not depending on the make and set up, most would advise a dual tec facing back in towards the house not pointing outside as the micro wave will penetrate the glass.

You can still have it facing out over but it means set up could be more crucial. As for U/sonics, never seen one for years i doubt you can still get them these days (they aint mentioned in my catalogue) but even they had theyre problems.

Stick with a D/Tec but be carefull where you sight it and very carefull with the range set up, read the manual and follow the instructions perfectly.

Aritech DD335 PIR and ultrasonic combined, cracking detector 12m x 12m, but not widely available.

hope he aint got a dog or cat though? here kity kitty - me0pardonow

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hope he aint got a dog or cat though? here kity kitty - me0pardonow

:P

regs

alan

Not a great place to leave a cat tho', mmm on second thoughts... :hmm:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Personally i don,t like dual tecs in conservatorys. The microwave side and glass don,t go together and the 'cheapo' pir element inside dual tecs soon go into alarm when the conservatory get warm.

I prefer to fit a good quality Quad sensor - optex used to do one but i,m a bit out of date with whats available now

paul

Yep, still do.

Optex FX50SQ

Or go for an ARITECH DD325 (i think thats the no.!)

But to be honest your installer should have this information to hand?

try looking at these

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived