Security Installer Community

Quick Question

stubs

Hi all,

I'm planning to lay the wiring for my new alarm system (Texecom Premier 24), and wondered which would be the best place for installation; in the loft, or in the spare cupboard at the top of the stairs?

Ease of installation is not an issue, which is why I am laying the wires myself. I would prefer to have the unit in the loft, but am concerned about how the unit will withstand the dust etc...

Can anyone advise?

cheers,

Stu

the thing about the loft is the variations in temperature and acessability, i usually prefer to be in a upstairs cupboard.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

the thing about the loft is the variations in temperature and acessability, i usually prefer to be in a upstairs cupboard.

If in an airing cupboard beware of the temperature cooking batteries.

lifespan tends to be 2 years instead of the 5 years just because of a few degrees difference in temperature.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

As Bellman says, heat is the worst thing for batteries, as long as there is no Hot water cylinder in the cupboard, I would go for that, the loft can get over 100 degrees in summer and below freezing in winter.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Understairs cupboard if you have one mate :yes:

Although not always able to even step in to some peoples due to clutered items ;)

Although some engineers would argue as of security issues :whistle:

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Understairs cupboard if you have one mate :yes:

Although not always able to even step in to some peoples due to clutered items ;)

Although some engineers would argue as of security issues :whistle:

Ranger

Aslong as it's not on the entry route, I don't see a problem with the understairs cupboard although in some houses it's harder to cable than an upstairs cupboard IMO.

Trade Member

Aslong as it's not on the entry route, I don't see a problem with the understairs cupboard although in some houses it's harder to cable than an upstairs cupboard IMO.

If its in the entry route stick a contact on the cupboard door and program NOT as entry route ;)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Aslong as it's not on the entry route, I don't see a problem with the understairs cupboard...

Agreed, i think its sometimes an easier option as long as not compromising security which it shouldnt, but as you mention, cable runs can be very hard, mind you, upstairs cupboard can be just a tricky at times :whistle:

If its in the entry route stick a contact on the cupboard door and program NOT as entry route ;)

:yes:

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived