Security Installer Community

2 X Bell Boxes Installation

Guest b21playa

Guest b21playa

Hi all

currently fitting a Texecom veritas R8 unit to my new house and will be using ex //.National Installer.// bell boxes - i have 2 of them

how do i cnnect them, do both go direct to the panel or are there wired in series?

i know the tamper should be in series but the bell boxes have only one Tamper connection.

does the panel produce enough power for both boxes or do i have to add relays?

any help appreciated

Thanks

Tamper return is neg hold off for your 2nd box.

hi whistle,

not keen on that solution mate as it drops the voltage to the second siren, better to use the aux tamper loop for the second bell, using neg out terminal side to bell and return to make the tamper loop complete.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Or you can use a relay give it a positive feed to one side of the coil then take the negitive return from one siren and put it in the negitive side of the coil with the other siren put the negitive from it to the common conection of the relay then take a wire from the n/o connection up to the bell hold off.But if using this method relay may burn out as is active all the time

Trade Member

Or you can use a relay give it a positive feed to one side of the coil then take the negitive return from one siren and put it in the negitive side of the coil with the other siren put the negitive from it to the common conection of the relay then take a wire from the n/o connection up to the bell hold off.But if using this method relay may burn out as is active all the time

far simpler to use the neg return to hold off a transistorised 'handy relay' input, then use the springs to break the 'proper' tamper return, but hey its still easier to use the aux tamp and you get a seperate indication in the log too.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

id wire the 2 bells on their own 1 tr to the bell tamp or what ever your panel calls it..the other to a zone..helps with fault finding etc

*QFA*

Galaxy has a specific zone type for this as do several other panels. :)

If not just program it as a 24h zone and enter a descriptor like "side bell tamper"

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived