Security Installer Community

Scanny 500 Rf Trouble

Guest MissAmanda

Guest MissAmanda

Ive installed quite a few scantronic 500's for friends neighbours etc, but this is the first time RF trouble has appeared. I installed the system and did a walk test (all zones activated during this), all pirs, door conacts, PA and remote keypad where responding to the panel, all ok. Was able to set system, unset etc. but a few days later got a call that the RF trouble light has been flashing. I popped in on my way to work to have a look and ive to go back soon but have no idea what would cause it. Is RF trouble just mean that a beam is out of range, or is there something interferring outwith the system. :fear:

Please help or suggest things i can try out.

Thanks in advance :)

Ive installed quite a few scantronic 500's for friends neighbours etc, but this is the first time RF trouble has appeared. I installed the system and did a walk test (all zones activated during this), all pirs, door conacts, PA and remote keypad where responding to the panel, all ok. Was able to set system, unset etc. but a few days later got a call that the RF trouble light has been flashing. I popped in on my way to work to have a look and ive to go back soon but have no idea what would cause it. Is RF trouble just mean that a beam is out of range, or is there something interferring outwith the system. :fear:

Please help or suggest things i can try out.

Thanks in advance :)

Any roadworks outside the house, wireless traffic lights can cause RF trouble :hmm:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

sometimes also repositioning the sensor can cure it - i think i,m right in saying RF trouble can also mean that its not communicating with sensors , but i could be wrong, only installed 2 Scanny RF in 23 years so diagnostics somewhat limited! :P

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

sometimes also repositioning the sensor can cure it - i think i,m right in saying RF trouble can also mean that its not communicating with sensors , but i could be wrong, only installed 2 Scanny RF in 23 years so diagnostics somewhat limited! :P

paul

If the RF Trouble LED is flashing then it is Jamming Detection.

If the RF Trouble LED is steadily, then its a Supervision problem.

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

If you get really stuck I'm pretty sure can always use the same wireless things with the Menvier TS690R which we find better than the 500! It says in the manuals keep your wireless devices well away from big metal structures. We've found in the past that we occasionally have to move the panel into the roof and wire a remote keypad down to the hall so that the wireless devices can be allowed to transmit to the panel properly.

Trade Member

Guest RICHL

How old is this system? If its an early one the jamming is possibly now due to new police radio equipment.

Like Whistle said turn off the jamming (on-board link) or update the system.

Archived