Security Installer Community

Scanny 500 Rf Trouble

Guest MissAmanda

Georg Technology does evolve, just ask Arfur :P If you continue to be naughty I will get him to send you a synopsis of the changes over the years. :lol:

And does one bad installation mean that every install gets tarnished the same NO it doesn't.

Wireless equipment is not all that bad

But what i have noticed when doing radio surveys is that new houses tend to use foil backed plasterboard which bounces and corrupts radio signals something horrid

from a personal preferance id tend to use a hard wired panel with a wired wireless expander

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

...If you continue to be naughty I will get him to send you a synopsis of the changes over the years. :lol:

:roflmao:

And does one bad installation mean that every install gets tarnished the same NO it doesn't.

QFA but present wireless "security" can be compromised regardless how well it is installed.. :whistle:

QFA but present wireless "security" can be compromised regardless how well it is installed.. :whistle:

That statement could apply equally well to wired systems also Georg :yes:

(or asking my wife to borrow it over the fence) = proper criminals... never return the stuff they borrow.... deny every borrowing it off you in the first place and finally have the cheek to ask to borrow more gear.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest rjbsec

Lets remember some facts:-

1) Wireless is only available for Grade 2 installations, most likely domestic and which are in themselves going to be low risk - generally subject to opportunist rather than planned theft.

2) The sort of place a Grade 2 will be fitted is unlikely to be frequented by the general public inc villians so the type of system is not going to be apparant.

3) Any villain is going to have to know that a wireless system is fitted and possibly its frequency, or if it uses dual frequency.

4) Any villain is going to have to know how to compromise the system and be equipped to do so.

5) Any villain is going to have to think that the effort is worth it for what he will find in a Grade 2 property.

Wireless is a good and reliable option in the situations it is intended for, just as alternative forms of wired installation are reliable for their respective situations. To rubbish wireless out of hand is simply being ill-informed and doing an injustice to those reading this on a public forum.

In the right, (or wrong!), circumstances any system can be compromised - we probably all remember the theft from the vaults of Harrods, the bullion raid at Securitas and various similar at Heathrow - all of which demonstrate that system integrity is only a small part of the picture.

4) Any villain is going to have to know how to compromise the system and be equipped to do so.

Wouldn't that then make it a grade 3 as you'd need more then a screwdriver and crowbar to bypass it?

Therefore, if someone does go to the trouble of disabling a wireless alarm the installer is at fault for not completing the risk assessment properly as it should have been a grade 3?

Therefore, all wireless systems should be a grade 3, which would mean wired systems.

Someone tell me I'm talking ****.

That statement could apply equally well to wired systems also Georg :yes:

not without entering premises unless installed poorly.. :whistle:

:yes:

Lets remember some facts:-

There you go wireless faggets.. :roflmao:

Wireless is a good and reliable option in the situations it is intended for,

:no:

few pound gear and not even necessary to enter premises to deny system functionality...

rjbsec, you have full right to your opinion but :no:

just as alternative forms of wired installation are reliable for their respective situations. To rubbish wireless out of hand is simply being ill-informed and doing an injustice to those reading this on a public forum.

present wireless **** is rubbish what ever form you put it

In the right, (or wrong!), circumstances any system can be compromised - we probably all remember the theft from the vaults of Harrods, the bullion raid at Securitas and various similar at Heathrow - all of which demonstrate that system integrity is only a small part of the picture.

Yeah - but that was not a system fault but fail of proper design in overall security. OR someone decided that guarding a person who will alone* be able to raise all of the money is not necessary..

So who decided that this manager - who alone was needed to loot the stores - is not necessary to be guarded?!? I WOULD sue/suspect him/her for the loot unless he did take care of proper insurances. But propably that man - who decided that he manager was not necessary to be guarded - has wireless brain and was interfered.. :whistle:

* why there wasn't dual code in use..? :whistle:

I Take it that you use / own a mobile phone

i also asume you have also fitted dual com or somekind of GSM signaling device

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Archived