Security Installer Community

Remote Desktop

Nova-Security

are you going to use remote desktop on a computer that is directly connected to the internet??!?

does DPA allow that?!?

No it's for internal use, I was just going to test it.

And you can set security on it so doesn't matter if it's interent facing anyway.

:roflmao:

blind eyed trust to microsoft.. :lol:

Never said I trusted it, but something or other that may as well be in foreign I can't really think what to put but I know what I mean so there.

Anybody know how to set up remote desktop up on XP

Thanks

Rich

Don't do it across the Internet :!:

Use VNC if you really have to do this.

If it's purely on a local network follow the links in a previous post. :)

(200 servers, 1500 desktops, 80 offices, 50 countries, all linked by secure VPN) :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest projectfocus

I use remote desktops all the time for work. They are very easy to setup all you need is to run the Remote Desktop shortcut from Start-> Programs ->Acessories -. Communication -> Remote desktop.

It then ill prompt for the IP address of the machine you wish to connect to.

The other machine has to have the next few things implemented before it will work though. Enabled path through the firewall for remote desktop. Also need to enable the connection from the client machine. right Click My Computer and select Properties. Goto Tab named remote and allow the remote desktop. You will need to select the remote users that will be allowed to access this. This will be a selection from the active directory or you will need to setup local accounts for users. Things to remember about active desktop. If you are a admin user it will logoff the current user. That is were VNC is so much better. You can select the amount of concurent users but it can be no more than 2. This is aslong as there is none of the users in the domain admins group.

I hope this helps. Windows firewall is the first thing to tackle though as this gave us alot of issues too.

I hope this helps.

Guest projectfocus

Never tried it. Does it work with older platforms like 2000 as Remote desktop doesn't. well not without a plugin.

Archived