Security Installer Community

Remote Desktop

Nova-Security

As you can download the RDP client and run it from any Windows PC then technically all versions of Windows can have MS Remote Desktop to some extent.

As you can download the RDP client and run it from any Windows PC then technically all versions of Windows can have MS Remote Desktop to some extent.

Yup, Terminal services was kinda created for legacy devices, for companys not wanting splash out on new fast pcs to join domains or run apps. They just used them as thin clients, which is why a lot of 95 / NT / 98 pcs use MSTSC. Hence saving money on hardware and licenses etc. Software companies do not like Terminal services, because of the loop hole with some of there lisence schemes. Ie only 1 copy of an app need be bought as its only on 1 machine (the Terminal Server) and 10s maybe 100s may be using it.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

• 3 months later...

never set it up myself but i think you need to add something in windows componants as well to enable it but at the mo i have only windows home and not pro so i canrnt have a look for you but there is a great help if you search it in google there is plenty off sites with help on this subject

• 2 months later...
never set it up myself but i think you need to add something in windows componants as well to enable it but at the mo i have only windows home and not pro so i canrnt have a look for you but there is a great help if you search it in google there is plenty off sites with help on this subject

you could use log me in www.logme in .com i use it for the schools i visit for servers ect :P

you could use log me in www.logme in .com i use it for the schools i visit for servers ect :P

Last company I worked for used Logmein IT reach, fantastic remote/diagnostic software. I still use logmein free though occasionally. Still think Radmin is slightly quicker across a WAN.

Archived