Security Installer Community

One For The Manufactures

Gives a whole new meaning to "Who's a pretty boy then?"

Ah, that's easy, ME :roflmao:

Bellman,

where did you get the SMD LEDs from? (If you don't mind me asking)

Did you also have to change the current limiting resistors on the keypad?

I might have a go at doing it with a Texecom keypad I have hear (when I have some time).

Andrew

I get them from all over, RS, Farnell, Maplins, even Ebay.

I didn't have to change the ones on my RKP as the Blue LEDs are 4v rather than the approx 3.3v that normal green ones use. consequentally they aren't as bright as they should be.

I spoke to Mark at texecom over this a few years ago, I believe he did one also.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Thanks for that, I was already looking at the LEDs on Farnell, but the light panel behind the LCD looks like it might be awkward. Think I will have a go when I install the system.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

Funny that, I think I'm right too :P

Seroiusly though RJB, you are the only person I have come accross that doesn't like it. :cry:

They are hyper bright LED's though and the pic doesn't do it justice. I've done a few for some of the forum members and they seem to have been recieved well.

Regards

Bellman

PAH! Nothing compared to my CQR PAs complete with hyper bright LEDs under the push buttons!

Trade Member

PAH! Nothing compared to my CQR PAs complete with hyper bright LEDs under the push buttons!

I've converted loads of things to blue, xboxes, mobile phones, keypads, pirs, car dashboards and instrument lights. xbox pics below

Regards

Bellman

post-920-1149097236_thumb.jpg

post-920-1149097258_thumb.jpg

I've converted loads of things to blue, xboxes, mobile phones, keypads, pirs, car dashboards and instrument lights. xbox pics below

Regards

Bellman

Snazzy! Though you must have the pateince of a saint to do all that soldering. It's burning my fingers just thinking about it...

Trade Member

Regards

Bellman

You need to get out more mate :P

The best looking blue LED keypad as got to be the Bosch one :yes: (Yes I know who make it ;) )

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

You need to get out more mate :P

I've just come back :P

It could be worse JP, I could be sat here with a warding file and a few blanks.... ;)

Can't ya tell I get bored easily. :whistle:

It's the insatiable desire to take things apart and "fiddle" with them that drives me. Great for oneupmanship with those neighbours that like to "keep up with the joneses"

"Oh, is your keypad NOT blue? how quaint...."

Regards

Bellman

• 2 weeks later...

Archived