Security Installer Community

Gardtec 490X Telephone Connection

Hi,

I have a Gardtec 490X panel connected to the phone line by connecting the pair, Line in (B2 A5) on the panel to the BT junction box (punch down connections). It was fine until the next day when the telecomms equipment in the building were in full use. The panel lost phone line connection (causing line fault) and the phone line had constant interference. The alarm was disconnected from the phone line and the interference has gone.

I have yet to visit the site, but wanted advise from anyone if another method of connection should have been used, ie main line coming into panel first then to other devices, or from the main bt socket??

Any advise appreciated.

Sam.

2&5 are the normal connections for a phone line pair it is advised that the main line should be run to the panel then back out so that the panel can grab the line when needed (but this is not always done ) remember if you have ADSL on the line you will require a filter at your panel the ACT filter has the line grab facility built into it

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

as monty, can be wired for line seize, but really needed.

fitted loads with no issue, could be down to no filter fitted.

have the correct line fault programming been done, think its volts and low security for shared line.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Any advise appreciated.

Ask the sub to provide a exclusive line terminated with a block terminal.

I doubt there's anything wrong with the panel, ADSL will stop your kit from working, your kit is unlikley to produce any tones to intfere with there phones

They have Pbx or handsets ?

Vocom or digi ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Guest shieldsec

The customer will be reluctant to provide a dedicated line, its only vocom for now, but the interference definetely stopped when the panel was disconnected from the line.

The wire used is telephone wire used only for connection to phone line, so no interference from alarm components,

Thanks...

Thanks for the advise guys,

There is ADSL on the site, so I will try the filter.

Yes, I do need to change the line fault programming it set at Tone + volts and High security (as per dedicated line)

Thanks

Sam

assumes the adsl is on the same line - yes you needed a filter.

so no filter is defo causing interference..

How can I wire one in without putting in a socket as I see the ones available are plug in.

Risco sell a plug in one that has hardwire terminals on the back for a fraction of BT`s (or act`s) price that just fits nicely inside the CU

Archived