Security Installer Community

accenta

Guest Oldspark

Guest Oldspark

I have an 8 zone accenta panel installed about 5 years ago no problems with it at all last night it went off itself when it was'nt set the keypad indicated tamper only way to get it to stop was to set the system set of an alarm activation and then enter my code and reset.

Then today the siren outside out of the blue started making a high pitched bleeping sound all by itself no activation as the system was'nt set, again the only way to stop it was to activate an alarm and reset, anybody any ideas what the problem is, there was no indication on the keypad of a fault and I have no idea how to get it sorted its all very strange indeed.

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this. thanks for any advise.

OS

Hi,

Judging by your description I would suspect a faulty sounder or poorly terminated/corroded connections in the sounder.

Post your location and I'm sure someone will offer some more assistance.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Sounds (sorry :) ) like the external sounder is faulty..

Depending on what type it is, it could be the tamper circuit or the PCB inside the sounder that has gone..

Would recommend calling a alarm company to give it a once over ;)

Edit: someone types faster than me :lol::lol:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest Oldspark
Sounds (sorry :) ) like the external sounder is faulty..

Depending on what type it is, it could be the tamper circuit or the PCB inside the sounder that has gone..

Would recommend calling a alarm company to give it a once over ;)

Edit: someone types faster than me :lol:  :lol:

42408[/snapback]

Thanks for the speedy replies, I will check out the sounder tomorrow and see what state its in now I have an idea what the problem is possibly a replacement is required.

Thanks

OS

Going back to a comment on another forum. Is this an engineer's advice centre to loose work to the do it myself people out there. If there're that good as to fix the problem themselfs then why can't they figure out the fault in the first place??? :no:

After all what's the point in having alarm companies, we all may as well add to are adverts free site survey & quotation, also free advice and internet & telephone advise on how to jim-all-fix-it ya self!!!! :whistle:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

If your good at what you do, you will always be busy, Giving Free advice is all part of the Job, and many of us choose to do it, if you dont want to give advice free, you dont have to participate.

For every one bit of free advice given here, there is 100's of paying jobs completed.

Colin.

If your good at what you do, you will always be busy, Giving Free advice is all part of the Job, and many of us choose to do it, if you dont want to give advice free, you dont have to participate.

For every one bit of free advice given here, there is 100's of paying jobs completed.

Colin.

Ditto all of that Colin :)

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Going back to a comment on another forum. Is this an engineer's advice centre to loose work to the do it myself people out there. If there're that good as to fix the problem themselfs then why can't they figure out the fault in the first place???  :no:

After all what's the point in having alarm companies, we all may as well add to are adverts free site survey & quotation, also free advice and internet & telephone advise on how to jim-all-fix-it ya self!!!! :whistle:

42723[/snapback]

MEEeeOW Where's the cream,

Tony Heath

MEEeeOW Where's the cream,

Tony Heath

43349[/snapback]

Tony,

It's not an arguement. My overall view is that if a trade person requires help then trade members should help them, after all we all bat for te same team at the end of the day. I disagree with Jo public carrying out work on their alarm systems because usally they don't know what there're doing (with respect) and can end up making things alot worse than they already are. Have you ever been to a job where someone who hasn't got a clue has changed a few things around in a panel & it takes ages to either put it right, or figure what has happened to get back to sorting out the original fault.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. The other thing is that it's loosing work too. All well and good if it's a simple fault and you can help someone, there are alot of tight people out there who don't want to pay for having something done or want something for nothing, this I can't stand.... Normally I find it's better to get someone who knows what they're upto in to get the job done.... that's all. You've got some come backs as a customer then if anything goes wrong. Also what whould your insurance think if you'd been playing around with the alarm, and also many companies state in their service contracts that they are the only persons to carry out work on the system.

I see both sides of the argument here, I shouldn't have posted the earlier and hope this explains or somehow rectifies my previous comments. If we can help identify the fault then I'd always suggest to a customer or diy'er getting someone in to carry out the work, that way everyone's happy. If they blew their panel up, or put a new bellbox up I'm sure there would be a post on here with an unhappy chappy writing it.

All previous comments taken on board chaps,

P.S sounds like the bell or sab tamper cct on the panel.....

Reagrds .. Tony. <_<

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived