Security Installer Community

Backup Battery

Guest smylie

Guest smylie

Hi,

I have a Tamper fault on my Securit 800L+ system, an engineer has been out to try and determine were the fault it. He thinks I need and new beel box, control panel and main box. That is fine but in the mean time I asked for the system to be disabled in case it went off when there was no one in the house. Anyway he removed the fuse fromt he mains so I no longer have the mains light on my control panel, the Day and TPR lights are still on, TPR is flashing. He said that the battery had taken over and that it would run out in a few hours - when it did the external alarm would sound for about 20 minutes and then it would die - end of system. Great I thought. Anyway after 7 hours of waiting I opened the box and removed the wire to the battery - the whole alarm system went off - relly confused and deaf as there was no mains power and also no battery so how did the alarm sound in and out. I reconnected the battery and the 2 lights are still going - we are now at 27 hours. Concerned that when the battery finally runs out the alarm will go off - is this a possibility and if so so do I prevent it. Why is the backup battery lasting so long. Sorry for the long post but really need to get this sorted before really annoying the neigbours.

Many thanks

Hi,

I have a Tamper fault on my Securit 800L+ system, an engineer has been out to try and determine were the fault it. He thinks I need and new beel box, control panel and main box. That is fine but in the mean time I asked for the system to be disabled in case it went off when there was no one in the house. Anyway he removed the fuse fromt he mains so I no longer have the mains light on my control panel, the Day and TPR lights are still on, TPR is flashing. He said that the battery had taken over and that it would run out in a few hours - when it did the external alarm would sound for about 20 minutes and then it would die - end of system. Great I thought. Anyway after 7 hours of waiting I opened the box and removed the wire to the battery - the whole alarm system went off - relly confused and deaf as there was no mains power and also no battery so how did the alarm sound in and out. I reconnected the battery and the 2 lights are still going - we are now at 27 hours. Concerned that when the battery finally runs out the alarm will go off - is this a possibility and if so so do I prevent it. Why is the backup battery lasting so long. Sorry for the long post but really need to get this sorted before really annoying the neigbours.

Many thanks

get a real engineer in..hes taking you for a fool..

The battery life all depends on the size of your system, plenty of pirs the quicker it will run down.

As Gaz has said, get someone in who will do the full job.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Guest smylie

Ok, so how do I disable my system - it was there when we moved into the house over a year ago but really do not need it - especially with the hastles we're having. Please someone help.

Removing the fuse wouldn't be that simple to the burglars anyway as when we removed the fuse the alarm sounded so need to know the code to deactivate it.

Ok, so how do I disable my system - it was there when we moved into the house over a year ago but really do not need it - especially with the hastles we're having. Please someone help.

Removing the fuse wouldn't be that simple to the burglars anyway as when we removed the fuse the alarm sounded so need to know the code to deactivate it.

you cant disable the system..but at

I am afraid we can't tell you in a n open forum how to disable your alarm system. As you can appreciate - that would give the same knowledge to potential housebreakers!

Just out of interest - where did you find the alarms company you called?

The engineer you called has not done what you asked him to, simply disconnecting the panels mains supply will not render the system dead. The panel battery should have been removed along with the batteries in the internal and external sirens.

Removing the battery now, will trigger the sirens again, but they should shut up before 20 minutes has elapsed. The engineer should have at least done this for you, and stayed to ensure the sirens had shut up before he left.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived