Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c- No Internal Sound

Guest Noffo

Guest Noffo

Hi

Veritas 8C Panel

Can anyone help me? My Alarm worked perfectly well until this afternoon.Coming into the house we where not greeted by the usual alarm tones and i thought the wife just hadnt set the alarm but after thirty seconds the alarm bell sounded and was easily switched off by enetering the code but all keypad tones of gone as well as any entry/exit internal sound.

Could anybody advise the likely cause or is it time for a new panel

Agreed, it sounds like a fuse problem. The 8C's speaker fuse is shared by the AUX supply, so if that is the case, your movement sensors would'nt be lighting up either. Does a little red light come on when you walk past them? Have you had any carpets layed/done any DIY recently between now and the last time you used the alarm? I asume the alarm was making the relevant exit tone when the system was set? Either way, it does need looking at by a professional intruder alarm engineer.

Trade Member

Guest Noffo
Agreed, it sounds like a fuse problem. The 8C's speaker fuse is shared by the AUX supply, so if that is the case, your movement sensors would'nt be lighting up either. Does a little red light come on when you walk past them? Have you had any carpets layed/done any DIY recently between now and the last time you used the alarm? I asume the alarm was making the relevant exit tone when the system was set? Either way, it does need looking at by a professional intruder alarm engineer.

Thanks for getting back to me, I have checked the fuses on the PCB and they are fine,all PIR's are working and lighting up ok.

could possibly be the entry door contact is faulty or the reed is sticking might be worth replacing the door contact.

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

could possibly be the entry door contact is faulty or the reed is sticking might be worth replacing the door contact.

Thas what i was thinking although doesnt explain the lack of keypad tones

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Guest Noffo

I have no door contacts,the system is just run off PIR's. The Alarm does seem to work okay,but no keypad tones or internal sounds.

Archived