Security Installer Community

Electricity Back On...but Veritas Alarm Won't Set With Old Code! Help!

Guest UglyKidMark

Guest UglyKidMark

Hello,

Hope someone can help! We've had the electricity switched off all morning, and I noticed that with it the alarm switched off too. Usually if this happened in the past, the battery would keep it going for some time. Clearly the battery is done for. Unfortunately what that has meant is that with the return of the electricity, the alarm has switched back on without a code it recognises. I've tried inputting our old code, but it doesn't want to know. The "unset" light flashes, and the beeps get faster until the alarm goes off. Is there a default code that the system recognises that I could use safely? The system is a fairly old (1999-ish) Veritas panel. It's a big old thing, not a small unit so you can tell it's not a new system. The user guide has been no help.

Many thanks for your help.

The chances are you need to have the system defaulted, as the code you need is specific to the installer.

You are probably better off getting a new local company to service your system and replace the batteries and reset the codes for you, I doubt anyone will be able to give you a code to get it working again.

For a local installer try herer http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/security/index.asp

or post your location and I am sure someone will contact you soon.

4 3 2 1 maybe :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest UglyKidMark
4 3 2 1 maybe :)

Heh!

You're laughing, but I've already tried that! And a list of others.....

Not to worry now anyway, I've already contacted the original installation company. They're still going, unbelievably, and they're going to sort it out for us. What a cost though - I ought to get the cash back from the bloody electricity company....if it wasn't for the fact that the system clearly really did need a servicing.

Thanks for your speedy replies anyhoo.

they're going to sort it out for us. What a cost though - I ought to get the cash back from the bloody electricity company....if it wasn't for the fact that the system clearly really did need a servicing.

Thanks for your speedy replies anyhoo.

The system should have been serviced at least once a year since it was installed, would you buy a new car and not have it serviced? :hmm:

The battery fault would have been picked up at the service visit and you wouldn't have all this hassle. :whistle:

There is a good chance that the charging cct has gone west as well as the battery, if this is the case then you will need a new control panel as well.

Cross your fingers and hope good lady luck is shining down on you today and you only need a battery.

As you have discovered, corrective maintenance is far more expensive than preventative maintenance.

Ask the co to come every year to service it and you should then have a trouble free time with it.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Heh!

You're laughing, but I've already tried that! And a list of others.....

no not laughing, just gave you the obvious (factory set) code, sometimes people do not bother doing the obvious, as for giving you any other code i would just be guessing :)

good look. :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived