Security Installer Community

Veritas Fault

Guest Stuart Davey

Guest Stuart Davey

Evening

I have a Veritas 8C installed, it was a professional installation by an electrician I used to work with (he was an ex installer) its worked fine with no faults for the last 6 years, however, in th last couple of days it has started going odd!!! We get a horrible sound on the internal panel, then the sounder goes off, sometimes entering the user code it resets, other times it doesn't.

I have the manuals both installation and user and I have the engineer code is there a quick fix or do you know of a reputable installer in the Warwick area who could service the system for me and probably change both the panel and sounder batteries.

Thanks in anicipation

Stuart

A duff battery can drag down the power supply , giving odd behaviour , and sometimes causing damage to the board.Best bet is to get it serviced.

You could remove the battery in the panel (short term), but this leaves you unprotected in the event of a power cut (and will annoy the neighbours ).

Regards.

These panels are sods for the transformer screws coming loose and then the transformer tends to 'buzz' on the loose screws.

Sounds to me like the battery is duff like FASTCAR mentioned. It will be drawing too much current and putting the tranformer under strain causing it to buzz more. Tighten the 4 transformer screws if/when you take the battery out. REMEMBER TO ISOLATE THE MAINS SUPPLY BEFORE REMOVING THE COVER).

Good idea to get it serviced though.

Trade Member

Guest Guest

Thanks for the advice, it has had a buzzing for a while now, wedging a pen lid behind the panel cured that!!!

The odd noise that I am talking about is the internal soounder I'm guessing it just sounds violent!!

The 24hr light also comes on.

Hopefully someone can reccomend a local servicer quickly to save my wife and neighbours much annoyance (I sleep through it!)

Guest Peter James

Tamper fault is the 24hr fault, the transformer noise is possibly down to the battery.

A faulty battery will draw more current making the transformer work harder, causing the buzz.

Take a look Here or Here for an installer than can help you.

Pete

Archived