Security Installer Community

Getting Ripped Of?

Guest pumbaa

Guest Fused Spur
Now are you being serious or not?

Remember the cost of the original panel and keypad are in the quote already.

Seeing as i've found the veritas excel Panel and Keypad for less than

Now are you being serious or not?

Remember the cost of the original panel and keypad are in the quote already.

Seeing as i've found the veritas excel Panel and Keypad for less than

Hi All,

I''ve just had a quote for a sytem and have requested a change. The original system had a Veritas R 8 Plus Control Box and i've now asked for a LCD Excel key pad so that's an upgrade from the Veritas R 8 Plus to the Veritas Excel.

Now the installer has indicated this upgrade will be

We may be only getting one side of this story.

It could be that the "installer" has already bought the equipment, and if he only installs the occasional alarm he may be concerned that he will be left with the R8+ keypad. It could also be that the installer has been given the price for a full Excell panel from his supplier, rather than the price for just the keypad and has misunderstood the price. :hmm:

Don't be too quick to condemn the installer. From my experience there are some installers who would rip off customers if they could..... but far more customers who would rip off installers given the chance.... :yes:

I could possiby understand that.

But he'd only come and given me a quote, on the quote the equipment we discussed wasn't clearly defined and when i called to confirm the specs etc and my requirement for the LCD (we had discussed this but wasn't listed) the price jumped

The second company to quote were NACOSS Gold QA, what a difference. The guy asked loads of stuff, actually walked around the house and did a sketch of the layout. Their quote will be prepared and posted within a couple of days.

Well how come you've not given them the job?

• 2 weeks later...
Yeh, i've managed to get a few prices for the same kit.

... They seems to be a general electronics company plug sockets, lights, satallites etc who do alarms as well.

I might have to keep looking.

It was the standard Excel that comes with the Veritas Excel.

Yellow Bell Boxes? Big Yellow Vans? I think I know who you are talking about....

I recommend looking at all the bell boxes in your surrounding area, pick the three most popular (excluding the national big 4 if you want personal service) and get them to quote...

I recommend choosing a nacoss gold company, with a good reputation, keen pricing and locally based. There is a particularly good one based in Finedon look it up on www.yell.com...

You probably wont get the texecom, but you will get excellent service and a top quality install

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived