Security Installer Community

Wanadoo

Paul Giles

Bloody ISP's!!! They have changed things and are not informing anyone!!!

Could be a temporary glitch, you have to expect these things from time to time with wonky ISP's. ;)

Have you done anything since it last worked, installed anything, altered any settings anywhere, updated anything?

Also, the Wanadoo\Freeserve servers are all in the same DNS pool doobrie so they are all basically the same server.

Use wanadoo here, and never had a problem, emails seem to be working ok :yes:

using "smtp.freeserve.com" :hmm:

Tried that, didnt work cheers

Could be a temporary glitch, you have to expect these things from time to time with wonky ISP's. ;)

Have you done anything since it last worked, installed anything, altered any settings anywhere, updated anything?

Nothing different, one woman at dontwanadoo admitted it was a problem, and if you look at the link there is loads of problems!

Un contactable bloody useless companies :ranting:

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Cannot send e-mails from outlook ()Wanadoo do not support outlook, just outlook express according to their technical people!!!).

If Outlook Express works then so will Outlook; the configuration of accounts is not absolutely identical but the same parameters are used. And newer versions of Outlook have that handy "Test" button. :rolleyes:

I have since heard and looked on other forums that they have intercepted port 25 traffic?

Also something to do with relay e-mails?

It is doing my head in! How can we report the very poor service they provide?

Paul

This is NOT poor service, it is a normal security precaution to control SPAM. :realmad:

If you use Wanadoo both as your Broadband provider and for email you should have no problems.

If you mix and match then.............

The normal setup (which can be got around if you know what you're doing) is:

Send emails through the mail server of your Broadband provider using SMTP on port 25.

Receive emails from your email server (wherever it is) via POP3 on port 110.

Tried that, didnt work cheers

Nothing different, one woman at dontwanadoo admitted it was a problem, and if you look at the link there is loads of problems!

Un contactable bloody useless companies :ranting:

Just set up Outlook to use Wanadoo emails, no problems, works great..

So sounds like something at your end :hmm:

If you mix and match then.............

The normal setup (which can be got around if you know what you're doing) is:

Send emails through the mail server of your Broadband provider using SMTP on port 25.

Receive emails from your email server (wherever it is) via POP3 on port 110.

Thats works ok as well :yes:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Yeah they have "adjusted" certain accounts, so i guess its a waiting game until they turn it back on?

:no:

Any idea what they mean by "adjusted". They should tell you.

There have been a number of mass Spam surges recently resulting in some domains being blocked/blacklisted. Not because they've been used to send Spam, but because they've been impersonated so there are millions of reject messages returning to them.

Could it be that your Wanadoo account is caught up in that mess? Though if it was then webmail would probably be in trouble too. ;)

Any idea what they mean by "adjusted". They should tell you.

There have been a number of mass Spam surges recently resulting in some domains being blocked/blacklisted. Not because they've been used to send Spam, but because they've been impersonated so there are millions of reject messages returning to them.

Could it be that your Wanadoo account is caught up in that mess? Though if it was then webmail would probably be in trouble too. ;)

No idea.

Dontwanadoo said they were aware of a problem and their non tech said they were looking into it, im off for a bit now so if anyone else has any idea please let me know.

Thanks to all so far.

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

No idea.

Dontwanadoo said they were aware of a problem and their non tech said they were looking into it, im off for a bit now so if anyone else has any idea please let me know.

Thanks to all so far.

Just one other suggestion to offer that might work.

I had an email sending problem recently. It turned out that the email server was "slightly unwell" and that a certain technique (carrying over the recieve authentication to the send) that is commonly used by email servers wasn't working.

The solution was to turn on authentication for sending mail, which actually should have been on anyway if I'd read the instructions properly.

In Outlook 2003 in email Accounts that's found in More Settings, on the Outgoing Server tab. Ticking same as incoming will probably be good enough.

I have had similar problems in the past using my hosted pop accounts and accessing them through ans isp smtp server. A few things you can try,

Change your smtp port from 25 to 26.

Change your outgoing mail server to the same as your incoming, so pop.wanadoo.co.uk

See if that helps.

Archived