Security Installer Community

Interlex Or Video Switch Dvr?

Alexg

What would you spec? & which is the better unit? I wanted a VI200 V/S DVR, someone else has said an 'Interlex' DVR.

"someone else said".

Someone else will always say something. There are dozens if not hundreds of machines around.

You made a post asking for "urgent" information about the VideoSwitch the other day - to which at slight inconvenience I provided the info as quickly as I saw the post.

Instead of starting new topics why not continue with the one you started considering it is in the same vein? And then perhaps you would be prompted to respond to the people who are trying to help you.

Please refrain from using the word urgent next time unless your enquiry is actually urgent. i.e. on site and need help, or need to make a decision on equipment now and need help.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

The difference between the two machines is vast (as is the price) assuming you mean the American Dynamics "Intellex".

For a start the Intellex is a PC Based machine which needs a VGA monitor although there is a facility to run a CCTV monitor using a RCA video output (if thats the correct terminology),

The Videoswitch kit is a DVR based unit and is priced more reasonably but its like comparing a Ford Fiesta and 5 Series BMW, both will do the job of getting you from A to B.

In my opinion the Videoswitch kit (Fiesta) is very good value for money but its not as good a machine as the Intellex (BMW).

Hi Zak,

The other post was urgent as I had to give an answer to someone that day, Many thanks for providing the answer to it though it did help.

Ian,

I do mean the AD unit, I had priced for the video switch unit but someone else said its **** and to use the Intellex one, what I can't work out is they've also quoted for much lower spec & cheaper cameras than mine.

Is there any valid points I can put forward to use the V/S unit? they don't need fancy features, only good quality recording that they only need to touch if an incident happens.

The Videoswitch machines offer good value for money.

A major benefit is ease of use for the user.

We average just one call per year, from users needing help (outside of service visits).

In five years the total failures are: two small hard disk tray fans (

Covering Avon & Somerset, Devon & Cornwall

www.Blanchard Fire & Security.co.uk

NSI Gold

Many thanks guys,

This clears things up for me and has helped a great deal.

Do the blue keys on the remote keypad to the VI series stay lit constantly or do you have to press a key to trigger ilumination?

Archived