Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c

Guest dangermouse

Guest Alarm Guard

It could also be a short between a circuit 6 wire and a tamper wire.. That would give the same result. Try disconnecting the tamper wire from the circuit 6 cable, making sure you complete the tamper circuit at the panel end. If that works, you will need to rewire the PA or find & repair the fault.

Also check the bell tamper because with all the ringing and it's age this may have been disturbed.As with the global tamper you can short it out in the panel to test.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Guest dangermouse

After putting the power back on at all stay's the same, nothing will alter and cannot be set. the panic but still work's when i press it and the internal alarm goes off. enter my code and it stop's.

Don't you have to enter the code again and then reset, or something similar, to get it back to day mode?

Could still be a wiring fault somewhere, have you tested it yet?

Guest dangermouse

Not today no, Not long since got in from work. Gonna give it a good check over on sat. Someone mentioned unwiring the panic button from the main box. I have tried this and it made no differance.

Unwire the circuit wiring and its associated tamper and link it out temporarily to see if it eliminates the problem. If it does then take a closer look at the cable itself.

Guest dangermouse

There are 2 wires which connect the panic button to the main board, i diconnected these, but where do i find the circuit wiring?.

Guest dangermouse

After reading all the advice and answers to my questions i still have had no luck with this alarm, i reckon it's time for the hammer.

After reading all the advice and answers to my questions i still have had no luck with this alarm, i reckon it's time for the hammer.

or an engineer........as long as he is not called Penfold.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived