Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c

Guest dangermouse

Guest dangermouse

I have had this veritas 8c installed for 8 years and never had any problems with it, up till last week when i had a series of power cuts 4 in total and the alarm was perfect through all of them but the last. Now i can't set it or omit any zones. There is 3 light's which are constantly on ( 1 power. 2 unset. 3 24hr. ) Now im assuming the power light is on all the time where as the unset and 24hr light's are not. I have gone through the manual several times trying everything it say's. Still had no luck. I have changed the battery and still the same. I am now getting very frustrated with it and if anyone can sugest anything then please help me out. If need be i will get an egineer to it although the guy that installed i cannot get hold of. Any advice would be most welcome and hopefully helpful. :banned:

Did the alarm sounders activate when you took the lid off to replace the battery and did the panel accept your code to shut it up?

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Guest Alarm Guard

You may not have got the cover on properly.. that would explain the 24h light.

Do the buttons beep when you press them?

Guest dangermouse

yes all buttons beep, the chime work.s. when i press my code to set it.. it ring's out 9 beeps then another 9 and so on. nothing to say it is properly set. And the cover is on correctly.

No the sounder did not go off when i took the cover off.

Guest Alarm Guard

That is absolutely clear. You have a tamper fault.... Either you dislodged a wire or the lid isn't operating the tamper spring properly

You misunderstood an earlier question.... Did it sound outside when you removed all power? It should have done

Guest dangermouse

But it was like this before i started any work on it. could a wire have over heated inside or melted and short it out.

Sorry yes it did sound outside.

Try switching the mains to the alarm off and see if the battery holds the sounders off, if it doesn't it may be the fuse for the battery circuit

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Guest Alarm Guard

Sorry, I must have missed that bit... Well, you have a tamper fault somewhere.. the nine beeps indicates tamper fault... If you feel capable, you need to disconnect tampers one at a time until you find the problem... and then cure it. And beware of the 240volts in the panel..... It may be better to get an engineer in.

Archived