Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c

Guest dangermouse

Guest dangermouse

When the main power is cut the battery still sounds the internal sounder, not sure about the bellbox as the sound was a lot quieter than with the mains.

Guest dangermouse

I fit wireless alarms as my work but only done this job for 6 month's so im still learning a lot about them, but they are so much differant to the one i have in my home, with the one's i fit i have a seperate keypad with which i can enter the programme and find out time/date/last activation/which pir and so on plus add pir's/ fobs.

Guest Alarm Guard

With the panel you have got, it would indicate which zone was in fault, if it was a zone gone open.... but tampers is different. Global tamper. On the newer versions it does tell you which groups of tamper, but not on yours....

Guest dangermouse

I think i know what you mean, when it indicates what is open if that's the right word the only light that is on apart from power 24hr and unset is zone 6 which is the panic, i have checked it and can't see no fault with it.

Have you pressed the reset button on the keypad?

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

So what is showing now after putting the mains back on?

That is all normal.

What is?

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Sounds like someones sliced through the PA cable causing a tamper and zone 6 open circuit fault. New carpets anywhere?

Either that, or coincidentally there is a tamper fault and you have pressed the PA button (which needs resetting with the key before the panel can be reset).

I have had this veritas 8c installed for 8 years and never had any problems with it, up till last week when i had a series of power cuts 4 in total and the alarm was perfect through all of them but the last. Now i can't set it or omit any zones. There is 3 light's which are constantly on ( 1 power. 2 unset. 3 24hr. ) Now im assuming the power light is on all the time where as the unset and 24hr light's are not. I have gone through the manual several times trying everything it say's. Still had no luck. I have changed the battery and still the same. I am now getting very frustrated with it and if anyone can sugest anything then please help me out. If need be i will get an egineer to it although the guy that installed i cannot get hold of. Any advice would be most welcome and hopefully helpful. :banned:

after 4 power cuts,the panel may have been spiked..try crashing and reprogramming it..or as lurch says the carpet fitter might have cut a cable just as you pressed the pa.. B)

Archived