Security Installer Community

Lunar

toenee

Well not exactly the replies I was looking for! How do you experts! protect large ballrooms with out wall mounting detectors or damaging plasterwork oh and by the way also protect the paintings and furnishings and also have confirmed alarms with minamum false alarms and yes I have been known to hide one or two cables its how we get the big private jobs The ceiling detector is made by Rokonet and has three pirs and one microwave in the same case it has antimask as standard you can't get it with out its selling point is that it can be mounted very high ie 5 m

Well not exactly the replies I was looking for! How do you experts! protect large ballrooms with out wall mounting detectors or damaging plasterwork oh and by the way also protect the paintings and furnishings and also have confirmed alarms with minamum false alarms and yes I have been known to hide one or two cables its how we get the big private jobs The ceiling detector is made by Rokonet and has three pirs and one microwave in the same case it has antimask as standard you can't get it with out its selling point is that it can be mounted very high ie 5 m

experience and skills..hence the word experts...

That should make servicing a bundle of fun. :yes:

Think thats why you set them up with the infrared key pad or the data line on the rokonet range of panels but yes anything that high would be a problem

Hi Tony welcome to the forum.

Just because has anti mask you dont have to use the anti mask connections. If you do use the anti mask connections, you will definately have problems if you fit them in corners.

Putting a 360 degree detector in the corner defeats the object slightly (theres a clue in the name of the detector as to its purpose)

So why cant you drill up and behind the cornice without damaging it ? ( get yourself a whippy drill bit)

Personally I dont like 360's (They never do what it says on the side of the box) in a big room I would use 20 metre DT's in the corners dependant on the layout.

Pete

Totaly Agree

Why not drill up behind cornice with a meter bit and fit a 20m ( not sure on size of your room) dt in one corner and a quality pir in another. You will get confirmed and it will comply. You can even connect the anti-mask then if you want without any problems.

The choice would normally be wall mounted dual techs but at 5m height there would be quite a dead patch under the detector with using the Lunar ceiling mount the thought would be to using two of the three pir sections ie 270* which would give coverage dirrectly under the detector but also give a range of about 12m most ceiling mounts quate 6m tilting down the duals would reduce the horizontal range

wall mounted dual techs but at 5m height there would be quite a dead patch under the detector

I would use a dt(s) mounted at the correct height for the device, or an elephant catcher(s), or sx360z mounted well away from a corners,

data line on the rokonet range of panels

they've sold one?

Guest Peter James
The choice would normally be wall mounted dual techs but at 5m height there would be quite a dead patch under the detector with using the Lunar ceiling mount the thought would be to using two of the three pir sections ie 270* which would give coverage dirrectly under the detector but also give a range of about 12m most ceiling mounts quate 6m tilting down the duals would reduce the horizontal range

Use a DT with a creep zone

I havent seen this 360 you mention yet, but as you say the height is to great for a DT/PIR to be wall mounted. We fit normal 360 DTs in supermarkets etc without any problems & as for service calls we take a set of A frame ladders, so 5m is not a problem. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

I haven't seen this 360 you mention yet, but as you say the height is to great for a DT/PIR to be wall mounted. We fit normal 360 DTs in supermarkets etc without any problems & as for service calls we take a set of A frame ladders, so 5m is not a problem. :)

Thanks PJF for the reply we also have the tools available for the job and normally try to fit the best product for the job not the product we have in the stores The topic started as my introduction to the forum and to ask if any body had used the rokonet lunar we have an application for this device if we use it I will let you Know how we got on. By the way like the label as I'm from the area I have been Known to sample 1 or 2 Merry Christmas

Archived