Security Installer Community

Lunar

toenee

HI All, Introductions first I'm a engineer that has been in the trade for about 15 years the company I work for used to be in the tv repair and sales business but with the advent of the throw away product we diversified into burglar cctv access and have just started into fire systems. We also keep are hand in design and installation of aerial systems As for a topic what do people think about the big Lunar ceiling pir/microwave we have just got one with its dedicated key pad to play with. We hoped to use them in opposite corners of a large room with tall ceilings to avoid the plaster cornice and ornate walls. One problem we may encounter is that these detectors have anti mask. We will do some tests in our work shop then if possible post the results if any body however has used these detectors any advice as always would be welcome :)

HI All, Introductions first I'm a engineer that has been in the trade for about 15 years the company I work for used to be in the tv repair and sales business but with the advent of the throw away product we diversified into burglar cctv access and have just started into fire systems. We also keep are hand in design and installation of aerial systems As for a topic what do people think about the big Lunar ceiling pir/microwave we have just got one with its dedicated key pad to play with. We hoped to use them in opposite corners of a large room with tall ceilings to avoid the plaster cornice and ornate walls. One problem we may encounter is that these detectors have anti mask. We will do some tests in our work shop then if possible post the results if any body however has used these detectors any advice as always would be welcome :)

when you say corner...

We hoped to use them in opposite corners of a large room with tall ceilings to avoid the plaster cornice and ornate walls.

Personally, I think it's a ridiculous idea. There's always a way to get a cable to a point tidily.

One problem we may encounter is that these detectors have anti mask.

How will that cause a problem? If you don't need ant-mask, don't use it. If you do need it, then you're running before you can walk.

Archived