Security Installer Community

Surface Contact

Guest elvis123

Guest elvis123

Guys, I have purchased a couple of door contacts and I am finding it difficult to get hold of any documentation. It's standard surface contact with five connectors it appears 1, 3, 5 are the same and 2 and 4 are for the magnetic contact. There is no label for Alarm or Temper, any ideas. link to the part http://www.alertelectrical.com/product.asp...bID=0&prodID=26

Guys, I have purchased a couple of door contacts and I am finding it difficult to get hold of any documentation. It's standard surface contact with five connectors it appears 1, 3, 5 are the same and 2 and 4 are for the magnetic contact. There is no label for Alarm or Temper, any ideas. link to the part http://www.alertelectrical.com/product.asp...bID=0&prodID=26

The 2 silver connections are the alarm contact, the 3 brass ones are for your tamper joint or other such joints. There is no tamper switch.

Guest elvis123

Thanks, I am still having trouble configuring the door contact. The config is as follow: entry door has a Texecom Premier keypad next to the door, I have used zone 1 on the keypad and wired the door contact, as mentioned i have used two wires connected to the silver connection on the contact. I have linked out the temper on keypad zone1. Configured the zone to use zone1 from the keypad zone1. Is there anything i am doing wrong?

have you mapped keypad zone 1 to a zone and programmed the zone.

I usually map the keypad zones to the next zone above the physical zones on the system (ie if only the panel, I map to 9 and 10, if an expander also then 17 and 18 etc.)

If you have mapped to an existing zone that zone will only work at the keypad not at its original place

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

have you mapped keypad zone 1 to a zone and programmed the zone.

I usually map the keypad zones to the next zone above the physical zones on the system (ie if only the panel, I map to 9 and 10, if an expander also then 17 and 18 etc.)

If you have mapped to an existing zone that zone will only work at the keypad not at its original place

Is this DIY, does elvis123 have access to the engineers functions

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest elvis123

Yes, thanks Breff that worked a treat. I am using the Wintex software to configure this, very comprehensive but very good.

Before you say, yes I am new to security, I have never installed home security system before, this my first diy project of it's kind (I hobby I guess). My real job is IT Technical consultant.

I do very much appreciate you all assisting me and apologies if I have offended anyone the process, I am reading the previously posted articles so that I don't repeat the question previously asked. Thanks again

I do very much appreciate you all assisting me and apologies if I have offended anyone the process

I dont think you have offended anybody by asking questions, good you got it working with breffs help.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived