Security Installer Community

Able Alarm Co.

ranger

hi i use to work at abel may years ago and yes thewages where on the poor side they did have some nationals at the time shell, birthdays, fina, superdrug to name a few all bellboxes are where made in house they own there own electronics company, all cars where bought dircet as they owned a car dealership they also have alarm detection supplies, a lawnmower selling company not sure of thename a building maintanance firm plus the 15+ branches and two central stations to cover there alarms everything in house.

With regard to kings the head office is just over a mile from mine and as mentioned over the last 5years have grown fast buying companies to increase market the company is very family run with most ofthe directors linked.

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

Did a couple of years at Abel (Tonbridge branch). They were a good company then but have got alot better lately.

Had a recent offer of a job but they were a few grand short of what I'm on already.

Guest Cerberus NI
Kings are taking nationals off hex thick and fast

WH smiths

new look

topps tiles

and more

How are they covering those nationals this side of the pond?

hi i use to work at abel may years ago and yes thewages where on the poor side they did have some nationals at the time birthdays, .
Couldnt resist answering this post. Birthdays was my first venture into alarms. We did 300 sites as an electrical contractor. I knew nothing about NACOSS at that time so gave them to ABLE, YES i said GAVE THEM, trouble was i didnt know you could sell contracts at the time. The revenue to us at the time was

Customers!

Couldnt resist answering this post. Birthdays was my first venture into alarms. We did 300 sites as an electrical contractor. I knew nothing about NACOSS at that time so gave them to ABLE, YES i said GAVE THEM, trouble was i didnt know you could sell contracts at the time. The revenue to us at the time was

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Well the reason i asked is because i saw that the local office in my town were looking for more engineers, and sent an email to them and they are going to send me an application form via post.

Just wanted to know if anyone knew what they were like.

Now im in 2 minds weather to proceed any further with the application. I was just wondering if they could offer me more.

Regards, Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Well the reason i asked is because i saw that the local office in my town were looking for more engineers, and sent an email to them and they are going to send me an application form via post.

Now im in 2 minds weather to proceed any further with the application. I was just wondering if they could offer me more.

Regards, Ranger

it doesn't cost anything to ask more what you get now...

Regards, Ranger

I wouldn't base your decision on anyone's opinion apart from your own. Take on board what people have said and just bear it in mind. They are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, privately owned firms, and they are expanding consistently through acquisition. They must be doing something right.

No harm in broadening your horizons by exploring further IMO.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Thanks Zak.

I may well do. Its just id rather be in a company that has jobs to do.. were as the lack of able bell boxes around make me wonder what the engineers do all day.

But, as you say, they cant be doing to bad to be still going.

Regards, Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived