Security Installer Community

Fire In Hemel Hempstead - Anyone Affected?

Guest rjbsec

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4517962.stm

Serious fire at Buncefield Oil Depot in Hemel Hempstead - many properties in surrounding area damaged, bells and sirens going off everywhere in the news footage.

Anyone affected?

Living close?

Customers in the area?

Everyone for a considerable distance around was woken up at 6:03am. I'm 10 miles away and it was the loudest bang I've ever heard, except maybe the pair of Greek jet fighters that flew over me a couple of years ago at 500ft and well supersonic!

At least it looks as though no-one was killed or even very badly injured, amazing. :!:

The sky's a bit evil now........... :cry:

I live about 20 miles away. Woke us up on the first blast - thought someone was trying to break in :fear: . People heard it for 40 miles! Didn't get any blast shocks though.

Used to live a mile away from Brent Cross and was fast asleep when the IRA blew up the B&Q by Staples Corner. Talk about a thunder clap of an explostion.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Gonna be fun commuting in the morning, can't wait. :(

M1 still closed "while the fire is still burning" and fire service estimate it will be burning for a couple more days!

Archived